THE KEY TO SALVATION
Father Michael Mueller, C.SS.R.
Priest of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer
"Amen, amen I say to you: if you ask the Father any thing in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto you have not asked any thing in my name. Ask, and you shall receive; that your joy may be full." John 16:23-24
+ Martin John Spalding, D.D.
Archbishop of Baltimore
October 22, 1867
Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1872, by Fr. Pustet, in the Office of Librarian of Congress, Washington.
PROTEST OF THE AUTHOR
In obedience to the decrees of Urban VIII, of holy memory, I protest that I do not intend to attribute any other than purely human authority to all the miracles, revelations, graces, and incidents contained in this book; neither to the titles "holy" or "blessed," applied to the servants of God not yet canonized, except in cases where these have been confirmed by the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and by the Holy Apostolic See, of whom I profess myself an obedient son. And, therefore, to their judgment I submit myself and whatever I have written in this book.
2. On the Necessity of Prayer in General
3. On the Necessity of Prayer for Sinners
4. On the Necessity of Prayer for the Just
5. On the Necessity of Prayer for Seminarians
6. On the Efficacy of the Prayers of the Just
7. On the Power of the Prayer of Children
8. On the Conditions and Qualities of Prayer
9. How to Acquire the Spirit of Prayer
10. On the Praises of Prayer
11. On the Practice of Meditation
The Methods of Conversing Continually and Familiarly with God
Prayer To Be Said Every Day To Obtain the Graces Necessary for Salvation