It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:08 am

Carmelites of Compiègne 

New post Carmelites of Compiègne
I was wondering if anyone would know how to obtain the original Latin Office texts for the Carmelite Martyrs of Compiègne. I think the feast is entitled, "Mother Thérèse of St. Augustine and Companions". Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post Re: Carmelites of Compiègne
You know, John Daly might be your best source of these. I'll bring this this to his attention.

Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Carmelites of Compiègne
Thank you, John - very kind of you. I am sorry, but I actually found an answer to my question. I have a Carmelite Breviary from 1940 and tried to find the feast in there under July 17th, which was the day they were executed. Someone else had just pointed out to me that their feast was originally on the 24th of July. I looked in the office and there it was on the 24th - I never knew to look for another date. I think I may have been tricked by the new calendar...

I just saw the "Dialogues of the Carmelites" performance from the Metropolitan Opera on DVD recently. Wow - I did not expect the effect it would have on me - it very much moved me to a devotion to these Saints. It is possible that some or many of us may be called to that kind of witness.

Tue May 22, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail