It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Theological Proof for the necessity of the Church - Part II 

New post Theological Proof for the necessity of the Church - Part II
To all,

I am way ahead of schedule on finishing Msgr. Fenton's work, "The Theological Proof for the Necesity of the Church," and in light of Robert's kind comments on the first part, I have endeavored to work "overtime" to finish the second part.

In this section, Msgr. Fenton moves on to cover the very issue under discussion on this board, and applies the teaching of Pope Pius IX in Quanto conficiamur moerore, and the teachings of the fathers and theologians, to properly understand implicit desire and the the degree of Faith necessary to be in the Church. As in the first part, he carefully distinguishes the exact teaching of what it means to be "in the Church," and to be "a member of the Church," and to demonstrate that one can be in the Church (through desire) without actually being a member.

I hope to have the third part up online as soon as possible. I thank my friend John Lane, for providing us this forum to analyze and discuss this very complex issue in theology, which I have found fascinating for the last 15 years of my life. I have found Msgr. Fenton's works to be the best out there in helping me to grasp this, and I intend to get even more of his works published to help others as well.

http://www.catholicresponse.net/proofpart2.htm

Yours in JMJ,

Mike

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:44 pm

New post 
Pax Christi !

Mike thanks for doing this, also Mr. John Daly has also published a book which treats in detail EENS. It has been highly endorsed by many learned Catholic's. I would love to purchase a copy, cant find it in print at the moment.

If anyone has a copy of Johns book, I would love to buy or pay a ' rental fee ' to read it !!!

In Xto,
Vincent

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:53 pm
Site Admin

New post 
Vince Sheridan wrote:
Pax Christi !

Mike thanks for doing this, also Mr. John Daly has also published a book which treats in detail EENS. It has been highly endorsed by many learned Catholic's. I would love to purchase a copy, cant find it in print at the moment.

If anyone has a copy of Johns book, I would love to buy or pay a ' rental fee ' to read it !!!

In Xto,
Vincent

Dear Vince,

He is no longer happy with it. He has been reading theology deeply these past few years. When he returns to the forum hopefully he can provide a recommendation of a theological treatment of the subject. Ideally we could obtain a translation of a theology manual on it. I haven't looked at Van Noort and I don't have a copy of Tanquerey or Hunter, both of whom were available in English. Anybody?

Certainly he would endorse Monsignor Fenton's treatment, and I wonder whether there could be anything more thorough or orthodox than Fenton. I certainly doubt it.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail