It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:18 am

Chihuahua, Mexico situation (Father Cardozo etc.) 
Site Admin

New post Chihuahua, Mexico situation (Father Cardozo etc.)
From "Cristero" on Cathinfo:

Quote:
Hi Neil, I read this last night but obviously couldn't ring our priest for more information because of the late hour. I'm glad to see many are suspicious of this story because it's not as simple as it looks. Fr. Cardozo left Mexico around 3 years ago because he refused communion to a faithful who was criticising Mons. Fellay for a sell-out. Fr. Meramo left at that time and Cardozo demanded his head on a plate for his disobedience to the work of Mons. Lefebvre. 3 years later it is he who is doing the same. Using the excuse that he's defending the work of Mons. Lefebvre he is travelling around bad mouthing the SSPX including our very good priests here in Mexico - none of whom want a sell-out. He sent an email to various faithful (which was then passed on etc) using foul language against the priests here.

The superior (who doesn't want a sell-out either pero, para nada) therefore forbade going to Cardozo's mass to maintain the unity of the faithful and not to cause unnecessary division amongst us who all of us are anti-acuerdistas. Nonetheless, many went to the masses out of curiosity and to have a chance to speak to Father. Many were shocked at how he'd changed, not the same as three years ago.

Two families have left the chapel - around 20 people and a few others - nothing like fifty and certainly not the majority - the church was by no means empty on Sunday. I asked tentatively about the confession story but the priest was unwilling to talk about the sacrament (breaking the seal?) but after speaking to faithful there I know that at least seven or eight people who had gone and confessed it were absolved so the person in the article must have been refused for something else.

This case is nothing like the case of Fr. Chazal or Fr. Pfeiffer and certainly nothing like Mons. Tissier or Fr. Jacqmin.

No doubt we'll be seeing more of this kind of thing.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 am
Profile E-mail