It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 am

SSPX says No... 

New post SSPX says No...
And at the moment, it seems that the answer is "no."
One question remains: will there be any repercussions against those priests (and bishops!) who spoke out - and voiced the truth - which now Bp Fellay is espousing.

http://www.periodistadigital.com/religi ... icto.shtml

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:02 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post Re: SSPX says No...
I agree, the answer is obviously no. That was clear from the press release.

No repercussions, is my guess.

The "joint" statement means that the General Chapter already wrote it (and sent it). They weren't prepared to permit the General Council to respond to "rome".

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... das-.shtml

Fr. Izaguirre is Madrid makes it clear that there will be no practical agreement without doctrinal correction.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:11 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Fr. Stehlin does likewise:

Quote:
"In a couple of days the General House of FSSPX will issue a communiqué"

Source: Bractwa Kaplañskiego Œw. Piusa X

Dispatch on General Chapter of the Society

It is claimed on the Internet that on Sunday, July 15th, I purportedly said that there "would be no agreement with Rome”. In fact, I informed the faithful about the General Chapter, which concluded its meeting in the spirit of the utter unanimity, and that I find this fact to be another miraculous act of Blessed Virgin Mary, who has lent a sympathetic ear to prayers of Her children, asking Her to protect Catholic Tradition. As for the contacts between the Holy See and our Society, I asked the fold to pray even more fervently for the Holy Father and that the number of prelates, who would wish for canonical recognition of the Society, which would not require any kind of trade-off on her part, would increase. I also said that the current state of relations between FSSPX and Rome had been described by our Superior General in his sermon on June 29th, i.e. that we were back at status quo of September 14th, 2011, when the doctrinal preamble was set forth, which for the Society was absolutely impossible to accept. I also added that our Superior General was preparing a reply to the proposition submitted by Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith on June, 13th; in his reply he would also inform Roman authorities about conclusion reached during General Chapter’s meeting. In a couple of days the General House of FSSPX will issue a communiqué on this matter.

Fr. Karl Stehlin FSSPX

What's going on is that everybody has agreed not to make any declaration concerning what the General Chapter decided until after its response to "rome" has been published, which it will be.

Unfortunately for Fr. Stehlin, his comments were reported as a statement that there will be no deal.

Apart from the fact that he didn't say that, as he explains above, nobody could say "there will be no deal" because the SSPX is sedeplenist and if Benedict turns around and offers them some kind of canonical regularity without requiring any compromise, and which incorporated sufficient guarantees of security, they would feel obliged to accept it. Fortunately the entire Fraternity and its faithful have been praying the rosary and therefore it seems "rome" won't offer such an irresistible carrot.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 am
Profile E-mail