It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am

Is this Operation Suicide? 
Site Admin

New post Is this Operation Suicide?
by Mr. Stephen Fox (brother of Fr. Damien Fox).

http://isthisoperationsuicide.files.wor ... 121029.pdf

This is good.

I'll post some further comments later, but first up I want to emphasise that many of the objections Mr. Fox makes against those who refuse to "speak out" apply equally, if not more, to the chief dissension-peddlers. They don't consider factual data, they don't think, they show no real interest in keeping within the bounds of our religion, and they follow persons, not principles. And, of course, they throw around slogans in place of reasoned argument.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:02 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post Re: Is this Operation Suicide?
First question: Is the Fraternity leadership attempting to forge a purely practical agreement with the Modernists?

Answer: I think not. As I understand Bishop Fellay's thinking, it is that he is constrained by the following principles.

1. He recognises Benedict as pope. Therefore he can never say "never" because such an attitude would be entirely unCatholic.

2. He must act in accordance with the signs given by Providence. These are not always clear. For example, are the lifting of the excommunications, the Motu Proprio, and the various friendly noises coming from the Vatican, all really just deceptions, or are they green shoots, signs of grace, and indicators that Providence is signaling that the beginning of the end of the crisis is at hand?

3. If the pope wishes to recognise the Fraternity as it is, without demanding any compromise, this is a clear good in itself and could not be refused on any Catholic principle.

4. Public opposition - especially unjust, intemperate, and personal criticism - by members of the Fraternity is contrary to the good of the Fraternity and of the Church.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 am
Profile E-mail

John Lane wrote:
by Mr. Stephen Fox (brother of Fr. Damien Fox).

http://isthisoperationsuicide.files.wor ... 121029.pdf

This is good.

I'll post some further comments later, but first up I want to emphasise that many of the objections Mr. Fox makes against those who refuse to "speak out" apply equally, if not more, to the chief dissension-peddlers. They don't consider factual data, they don't think, they show no real interest in keeping within the bounds of our religion, and they follow persons, not principles. And, of course, they throw around slogans in place of reasoned argument.

I don't think it's all that good. The basic premise is that there are dogmatic principles at work of which ABL clearly set forth. This is preposterous as anyone can see that he dealt with Rome on many occasions. I think it is driven by hysteria, by a motive foreign to rational thought, it is dramatics at its worst. The notion that Rome must convert is inherently ambiguous and, I might add, a condition that was never advanced for canonical recognition. Rome will not "convert" until a traditional Bishop is elected Pope. Since there are no traditional bishops within the conciliar church, it follows that a canonical recognition must come about prior to the abandonment of the new regime. Rome is a closed society until such a time when, against all odds, they formally recognize Catholics who resist their novelties. It is only then when we can hope that a traditional Pontiff will be elected. These foolish men have become addicted to quasi-separation from Rome and they think that a mere legal recognition will ruin their status, as if the law will somehow denude the essence of the SSPX. I don't think sedevacantism is the answer, on the contrary, it adds inexorable problems upon an already difficult situation. The resolution will be messy and drawn out just like the rest of history indicates within Church affairs.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 am
Profile E-mail

This is the event many were waiting for. They were growing tired of the quiet parish life. Without some external struggle that did not pertain to their state, it was as if they had no reason for existence any longer. Now the trumpets are sounding loudly, and the opinions are flowing freely again. Ah....back to normalcy.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:00 am
Profile E-mail

Caminus wrote:
This is the event many were waiting for. They were growing tired of the quiet parish life. Without some external struggle that did not pertain to their state, it was as if they had no reason for existence any longer. Now the trumpets are sounding loudly, and the opinions are flowing freely again. Ah....back to normalcy.

That's an interesting judgment on the "many." :) Anyway, your "parish life" is hardly normal in trad "parishes." A return to normalcy would involve a restoration of the Church and the functioning of it's proper and essential government.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:30 pm