It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:41 pm

INTRODUCTION 

New post INTRODUCTION
Hello!

I'm your friendly Tea Room Lady. This is the place to come for a bit of refreshment, share news and views or to simply chat after a hard day at it on the Theology Forums. I'm here to keep the conversation from descending into bar-room talk. :)

You can expect to be served up a wide variety of goodies, usually whatever takes my fancy as the Special of the Day. Please feel free to let me know if you found it to your taste or whether you think you can improve on or add to the recipe. Don't be shy to bring along a plate of your own, it can be anything from the simplest scone recipe to how to build a rocket engine. It can be something as simple as an article of interest you've come across to more serious current issues not directly related to Theology. "Variety is the spice of life" is the theme!

As I am not the most diligent of Tea-Ladies, being busy with a few rug-rats, I don't expect that I will be on duty every day with cakes and cookies in hand or a broom to clean up the crumbs afterwards but I will do my best.

This is not a Men's only Tea Room, so please tell your Ladies to come along and visit the Tea Rooms with their offerings. We hold to the same rules of etiquette as the other Forums of course.

Katie

On the last day, when the general examination takes place, there will be no question at all on the text of Aristotle, the aphorisms of Hippocrates, or the paragraphs of Justinian. Charity will be the whole syllabus.

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:13 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: INTRODUCTION
Errr...
G'day!

I was just passing when I smelt Katie's kakes kooking and, being a very experienced cadging codger, I thought I might try to wheedle a sample. The window display looks very inviting.

Hope the dress code is not too strict, though, it's a long way back to my hovel to change into my very best Vinnie's reject attire.

I'm Odd; which is an abbreviation of Oldavid as in O'd'd with the apostrphes for omission omitted for convenience.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 am
Profile E-mail

G'day Odd! I missed this but spotted you dropping in on other threads. So, without seeming too formal (your dresswear phobia and all) I would like to extend a proper and fitting, "Welcome!"

As for kakes kooking, you are welcome to more than a sample any time! Looking forward to sampling a few of your own in the bargain.

On the last day, when the general examination takes place, there will be no question at all on the text of Aristotle, the aphorisms of Hippocrates, or the paragraphs of Justinian. Charity will be the whole syllabus.

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 am
Profile E-mail

Katie wrote:
G'day Odd!
As for kakes kooking, you are welcome to more than a sample any time! Looking forward to sampling a few of your own in the bargain.

Heh heh!
You don't know about my kooking, do you?
One bite of one of my kakes and you'll politely rush out the back to "put it away for later".

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 am
Profile E-mail

It looks as though my presence has shut down your Tea Room already. Not even the proprietoress comes out to crack heads with her rolling pin or warm backs with her straw broom.

Maybe the dress code is too strict for commoners and too lax for "proper" Catholics?

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:15 am
Profile E-mail

No, I am still here.. broom in hand.

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 am
Profile E-mail

Katie wrote:
No, I am still here.. broom in hand.

Good! That should inspire someone to relieve the tedium by provoking your ire!

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 am
Profile E-mail

Oh dear!

That last wash I had must have lasted too long! I can't even provoke the tea lady into a lively disagreement. She won't even swat me with her broom!

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:41 am
Profile E-mail

Maybe you are about to be swatted, on the thread about whether Our Blessed Lady Died. :-)

I'll just wait a bit to see if there is any more input.

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:27 am
Profile E-mail

Katie wrote:
Maybe you are about to be swatted, on the thread about whether Our Blessed Lady Died. :-)

I'll just wait a bit to see if there is any more input.

Patience is a virtue.......... but it won't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
I have a masochist's dread of being swatted.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:23 am
Profile E-mail

Alright Old, see if you can spot yourself in this? :lol:

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Nah! I was not represented in any of those shots as all the attacks with the broom were entirely unprovoked.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Does no one want to provoke an argument by posting in this forum?

I'd do it myself but the mere sight of my watsaname seems to be enough to scare everyone off.

Or maybe I overlooked something that was waiting for comment?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 pm
Profile E-mail

G'day OldD!

Been off duty for some time - but no, you don't scare anyone off. You are a teddy bear and we all know it. We are all just busy with our daily lives, I'd say.

But by all means feel free to provoke an argument and I will see if I can accommodate you...

Yours,
Katie

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:55 am
Profile E-mail

Katie wrote:
G'day OldD!

Been off duty for some time - but no, you don't scare anyone off. You are a teddy bear and we all know it. We are all just busy with our daily lives, I'd say.

But by all means feel free to provoke an argument and I will see if I can accommodate you...

Yours,
Katie

Hmmph!
You don't fool me that easily... but I'll see what I can provide for entertainment purposes.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:12 am
Profile E-mail