It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:35 am

Video Debate on Archbishop Thuc - Fr. Cekada vs. Fr. Jenkins 

New post Video Debate on Archbishop Thuc - Fr. Cekada vs. Fr. Jenkins
Greetings,

Does anyone know where I can obtain the video or DVD of the debate (Fr. Cekada vs. Fr. Jenkins) about the Archbishop Thuc consecrations please? The debate was held, I believe,
on Sept. 17th, 2002. Thank you and take care. God bless.

Ben

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:49 pm

New post Re: Video Debate on Archbishop Thuc - Fr. Cekada vs. Fr. Jenkins
If you write to the SSPV they may be able to provide it to you.
Someone who has it should really upload it to youtube.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:31 am

Hello. I am not sure if Fr. Cekada or Fr. Jenkins want this debate widely distributed but I have it on dvd which I transferred from a vhs copy. If I am permitted, I can make some copies for those who are interested in this debate or I can post it online. However, I don't want to do anything without the permission of these priests. The debate is roughly 3.5 hours long.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Greetings Obscurus,

Thank you for the reply. Do you know either of the priests or have a way to contact them please? If you do happen to get permission, I would certainly pay you a fair price (whatever you deem appropriate) for a copy of that tape or DVD. Thank you kindly. Take care. God bless

Benjamin

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am

Pax Christi !

Does anyone that heard the debate have a view as to who made the better points? I would think Fr. Cekada won, he is brilliant.

In Xto,
Vincent

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:28 am

I've been trying to find this debate for some time now. If anyone else knows how to come by it, please post how to get it!

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:35 am

Benjamin wrote:
Greetings Obscurus,

Thank you for the reply. Do you know either of the priests or have a way to contact them please? If you do happen to get permission, I would certainly pay you a fair price (whatever you deem appropriate) for a copy of that tape or DVD. Thank you kindly. Take care. God bless

Benjamin

Hello Benjamin,
I have only met Fr. Jenkins once. I suppose I can try to contact either of them and ask for their permission but if someone on this forum goes to their chapels respectively it might be easier for that person to ask. If I am given permission, I would certainly not ask for any money for the dvd but perhaps a few dollars for the shipping and handling. I hope you and the rest of the forum members are having a most fruitful Lent.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:30 am
Profile E-mail

Wouldn't Youtube be the best solution?

Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:55 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

obscurus wrote:
I suppose I can try to contact either of them and ask for their permission ...

I don't think you need their permission. It was a public event. The permission you would need is from whoever video-recorded the event. He may have claimed copyright. Do you know who that was?

Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 am
Profile E-mail

Vince Sheridan wrote:
Pax Christi !

Does anyone that heard the debate have a view as to who made the better points? I would think Fr. Cekada won, he is brilliant.

In Xto,
Vincent

Fr. Jenkins is an extremely holy and intelligent man.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:43 am

Hi and welcome new people.

I've got a copy of the debate. The VHS tapes are sold in the Immaculate Conception store for $5.00 so there are no concerns about secrecy. And a John said, it was a public debate. Both priests are high-profile. Fr. Cekada offers his "The Great Excommunicator" for free online, and Fr. Jenkins' talk on the Thuc line are available from WFTS Radio (online) for purchase.

Both priests had some strong points to make, but in my opinion nobody won. The split-ups between the clergy and the lack of accountability make for some very big problems to go unresolved.

I've only seen the debate once. I think it would be a great idea for everyone at Bellarmine to see the debate and discuss.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Pax Christi !

Dear Frank,

Quote:

I have never met this good priest, and I am sorry if I made it look like I did not repect him. I based my comment on the writings Fr. Cekada already posted on this general topic of the Thuc line, it is very sound theology. While, ( in my humble view) , the SSPV book " The Sacred and the Profane" appears rather " weak" in its presentation of this issue.

In Xto,
Vincent

Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:12 pm

eliz carroll wrote:
Hi and welcome new people.

I've got a copy of the debate. The VHS tapes are sold in the Immaculate Conception store for $5.00 so there are no concerns about secrecy.

eliz,

Welcome back!! Good to see you're "up and running", again.

Since they're selling this at $5.00/copy, would someone have copyrights to this video even though it's sold publicly?

eliz carroll wrote:
I've only seen the debate once. I think it would be a great idea for everyone at Bellarmine to see the debate and discuss.

It's quite sad that Catholic laity are placed in a position of deciding issues that are outside our purview, and that many times pander only to our pride and ignorance. Thankfully, there are still knowledgeable, thoughtful, competent individuals that have no "dog in the stake", so to speak, that can help us through this crisis ... many of them, on this forum.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Teresa, you took the words out of my mouth! In fact I had been trying to say about the same thing and lost my first post. You have absolutely nailed it. Pandering to pride and ignorance indeed.

This is one of the things that just floor me, because I remember the time when priests were just right, period. Many younger, very good people have only memories of being raised in the "Movement".and may have a more political orientation. Real estate holdings become very important, because the Diocese isn't paying. The temptations which follow might bear consideration.

What happens when there is no one to settle disputes and the mortgage needs paying, or someone requires correction? People rightly criticise the Novus Ordo's blurred boundaries between clergy and laity. The very same dangers and more occur in independent chapels.

If clergy excommunicate Catholics, it ramps up the pressure to appear perfect, because by excommunicating people they have gotten some seriously upset people. How can any group of sinners manage to behave themselves every day? Things happen and people do bad things. Exactly as Catholics did bad things fifty years ago in every parish in the world. But now those who have been kicked out by people who MIGHT APPEAR to be saying, "I'm more Catholic than you! are concerned and frustrated. The people who have been kicked out are going to be watching every thing with a very critical eye from now on. This will create even more temptation for those who believe they are right to save face at any cost. Then whoopsy daisy, what if someone does something bad? The temptation to hide and deny will be enormous for fear of giving the enemy a chance to ridicule, or say, I told you so. Not to mention the loathing of those who despise sedevacantism!

Thank God the Father Almighty for the season of Lent. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

elizcarroll wrote:
The VHS tapes are sold in the Immaculate Conception store for $5.00 so there are no concerns about secrecy.

Dear Eliz,

If the tapes are available for $5, there is no need for anybody else to make copies and sell them...

The remaining question is, is there anything in the debate which is a real issue that could be of use to us or others to examine? The only issue I've heard about which was debated on that occasion and which carries some kind of enduring interest is the policy of the SSPV regarding Communion, and I'm not sure if there was anything in the debate which adds to the documentation the two parties have published.

The Thuc question might be of interest to some, but not to me. I think he was a walking tragedy and (objectively considered) his behaviour was awful, but there are no grounds for doubt about the Orders he provided.

What else was debated?

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Vince Sheridan wrote:
Pax Christi !

Dear Frank,

Quote:

I have never met this good priest, and I am sorry if I made it look like I did not repect him. I based my comment on the writings Fr. Cekada already posted on this general topic of the Thuc line, it is very sound theology. While, ( in my humble view) , the SSPV book " The Sacred and the Profane" appears rather " weak" in its presentation of this issue.

In Xto,
Vincent

The Sacred and the Profane is written by Bp. Kelly not Father Jenkins.

:D

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi John, The debate was about the communion rules, 3 1/2 hours. It is an interesting piece of history, and way more interesting than Obama vs. Clinton.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 am
Profile E-mail

Pax Christi !

Dear Frank,

Quote:

Indeed, but isnt good Fr. Jenkins associated with Bp. Kelly and the SSPV?

In Xto,
Vincent

Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 am

Vince Sheridan wrote:
Pax Christi !

Dear Frank,

Quote:

Indeed, but isnt good Fr. Jenkins associated with Bp. Kelly and the SSPV?

In Xto,
Vincent

Yes but you were comparing Fr. Cekada to Fr. Jenkins.
Just because the priest and bishop are associated does not mean they do not have separate opinions or that they are equal in their oratory skills.
It's like if I were to hold the fact that Bp. Sanborn believes the Cassiacum thesis against Fr. Cekada.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:12 am

Does anyone have the internet link from where these debates may be ordered?

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:27 am

New post Re: Video Debate on Archbishop Thuc - Fr. Cekada vs. Fr. Jen
http://www.youtube.com/user/sedevideos#p/u/28/OrS5GGonhdw Here is the video of the debate, between Father's Cekada and Jenkins to those who were interested in hearing it :).

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 am
Profile E-mail