It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:01 pm

New guy in Rome 

New post Re: New guy in Rome
Lance Tardugno wrote:
Is this the DICI article you are writing about Benedictus? :

No, I meant the one which was released on the day of the election itself.

Lance Tardugno wrote:
It seems to me that he could be the one to persuade the SSPX hierarchy back into full communion with the NO. The last sentence in the article above really bothers me. Will he grant the SSPX all that they wish? Let's say they do get an agreement that gives into all of their demands, so what? They then will be incorporated into the NO church, a few years go by and Frankie boy meets his demise (after all, he doesn't look to be particularly healthy) and voila, the NO reneges on the deal!

The question remains whether he is going to continue the way he has been acting before his election, or whether he is going to wear a mask of deception, which question has already been presented for consideration by Mr. Lane. If it is his intention to introduce his previous methods, then confined to a specific region, into the worldwide neo-modernist communion under the sway of the sceptre of his conciliar leadership, then there is no way that he is even going to give any attention to the Society, since he seems like the kind of person that would not even allow the FSSP into his embrace.

But if he is going to play a chameleon, which is of course a possibility, then it is difficult to speculate as to what he is going to do.

I reject and curse sedevacantism, and I condemn all the iniquitous things that I have written on this forum against the Catholic Church and the Popes recognised by the universal and visible Episcopate. The Papacy of HH. Francis is a dogmatic fact.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:09 am
Profile E-mail

Benedictus wrote:
But if he is going to play a chameleon, which is of course a possibility, then it is difficult to speculate as to what he is going to do.

I understand what you are getting at however, did read what I posted above? It seems that he was very cordial and ecumenical even with this Society priest and this was before his "election".

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 am

Lance Tardugno wrote:
I understand what you are getting at however, did read what I posted above? It seems that he was very cordial and ecumenical even with this Society priest and this was before his "election".

But surely Fr. Bouchacourt was not speaking of ecclesiastical matters/matters of faith and morals, when he said that Bergoglio always granted him all that he asked, right?

That would have been self-contradictory to the extreme, seeing that he had always vehemently opposed even the commands of his leader, Ratzinger, to permit the use of the Roncallian missal.

Or, perhaps he simply encourages the SSPX to stay outside of the conciliar communion, like he did with the Anglican sect, for the sake of eucumenism, while he only wishes to impose the Montinian liturgy on those who are inside of it?

I reject and curse sedevacantism, and I condemn all the iniquitous things that I have written on this forum against the Catholic Church and the Popes recognised by the universal and visible Episcopate. The Papacy of HH. Francis is a dogmatic fact.

Last edited by Benedictus on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Benedictus wrote:

But surely Fr. Bouchancourt was not speaking of ecclesiastical matters/matters of faith and morals, when he said that Bergoglio always granted him all that he asked, right?

That would have been self-contradictory to the extreme, seeing that he had always vehemently opposed even the commands of his leader, Ratzinger, to permit the use of the Roncallian missal.

Or, perhaps he simply encourages the SSPX to stay outside of the conciliar communion, like he did with the Anglican sect, for the sake of eucumenism, while he only wishes to impose the Montinian liturgy on those who are inside of it?

Time will tell, but that last sentence gave me pause and caused me to look at this a little differently.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:11 pm
Site Admin

Lance, it doesn't look like we're going to see a change of style from this arch-heretic. Check this out:

Quote:
The protagonist of all these events, said the Pope, is the Holy Spirit: “it was He who inspired the decision of Benedict XVI for the good of the Church, it was He who inspired the choice of the Cardinals”. It is important to keep this in mind, he added, as we try to interpret the events of the past few days.

http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis ... a-and-name

How's that for humble?

And:

Quote:
He imparted his apostolic blessing, however, in silence – out of respect, he said, for the fact that “not everyone present belongs to the Catholic faith and others do not believe.” “I respect the conscience of each one of you”, he said, “knowing that each one of you is a Child of God. May God bless you”.

No, this leopard's not going to change spots for stripes. He can't even bless people out loud, people who have freely come to hear what he has to say, in case he offends them?

John XXIII but with brains. Frightening.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:06 pm
Profile E-mail

An older gentleman who I exchanged a few e-mails with a while back said that 30,000 children were transported from Spain during the Marxist revolution to Russia to be trained as Marxist agents for eventual relocation to South America. This fellow also knew Bella Dodd when he was a young man and said that her original book was around 1000 pages, anyone who listened to the Bella Dodd tapes would have been disapointed with how little was revealed in the heavily edited book of roughly 200pgs.

Anyhow, this fellow recommended a book called "The New Montinian Church" orginally published in Spanish in 1971 by a Mexican Jesuit, Fr. Joaquín Sáenz y Arriaga. I'm just looking at it now and there seems to be a lot about the Church in South America. This book might be a good place to see where this guy is coming from.

It's online here.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/82949747/The- ... ian-Church

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail

John Lane wrote:
Lance, it doesn't look like we're going to see a change of style from this arch-heretic. Check this out:

Quote:
The protagonist of all these events, said the Pope, is the Holy Spirit: “it was He who inspired the decision of Benedict XVI for the good of the Church, it was He who inspired the choice of the Cardinals”. It is important to keep this in mind, he added, as we try to interpret the events of the past few days.

http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis ... a-and-name

How's that for humble?

And:

Quote:
He imparted his apostolic blessing, however, in silence – out of respect, he said, for the fact that “not everyone present belongs to the Catholic faith and others do not believe.” “I respect the conscience of each one of you”, he said, “knowing that each one of you is a Child of God. May God bless you”.

No, this leopard's not going to change spots for stripes. He can't even bless people out loud, people who have freely come to hear what he has to say, in case he offends them?

John XXIII but with brains. Frightening.

WOW i didn't see that one yet. What modernist nonsense and what ecumenical hogwash.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Bernard wrote:
An older gentleman who I exchanged a few e-mails with a while back said that 30,000 children were transported from Spain during the Marxist revolution to Russia to be trained as Marxist agents for eventual relocation to South America. This fellow also knew Bella Dodd when he was a young man and said that her original book was around 1000 pages, anyone who listened to the Bella Dodd tapes would have been disapointed with how little was revealed in the heavily edited book of roughly 200pgs.

Anyhow, this fellow recommended a book called "The New Montinian Church" orginally published in Spanish in 1971 by a Mexican Jesuit, Fr. Joaquín Sáenz y Arriaga. I'm just looking at it now and there seems to be a lot about the Church in South America. This book might be a good place to see where this guy is coming from.

It's online here.

Bernard, do you remember who welcomed Bela Dodd back into the Church? The modernist Fulton Sheen. He was also responsible for counseling her NOT to reveal the names of the communist cardinals who infiltrated the Church!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Bergoglio has now made clear that he wants a "poor Church". Like the heathens took Our Lord's garment, the tentacles of the revolution seek to rob the Church of her splendour and worldly power.

This man is an ultra-progessivist, and he is not going to make the least effort to hide it. Even the Belgian conciliars love him, which means that they are quite certain that his course of action will be in accord with their agenda.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Lance Tardugno wrote:
Bernard wrote:

It's online here.

Bernard, do you remember who welcomed Bela Dodd back into the Church? The modernist Fulton Sheen. He was also responsible for counseling her NOT to reveal the names of the communist cardinals who infiltrated the Church!

Does she ever state who these commie cardinals were? In her tapes, or in her original 1000-page tome?

The commies sure did a number on Spain and Latin America. It would appear that of all the major countries in Europe, traditional Catholicism is weakest in Spain. Even more so in Latin America, especially Central America (from Mexico down to Peru and Bolivia). I guess we can thank Marxism and liberation theology for that. :cry:

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Brendan wrote:
Lance Tardugno wrote:
Bernard wrote:

It's online here.

Does she ever state who these commie cardinals were? In her tapes, or in her original 1000-page tome?

The commies sure did a number on Spain and Latin America. It would appear that of all the major countries in Europe, traditional Catholicism is weakest in Spain. Even more so in Latin America, especially Central America (from Mexico down to Peru and Bolivia). I guess we can thank Marxism and liberation theology for that. :cry:

Brendan, from what I remember I believe she stated it on one of her tapes. Sheen told her to let him handle it.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Lance Tardugno wrote:
Brendan, from what I remember I believe she stated it on one of her tapes. Sheen told her to let him handle it.

No, it in a conversation with Dr. Alice Von Hildebrand. Remember, it would be pretty hard in 1955 to know that Fulton Sheen was a modernist. The point of mentioning her book and how big the manuscript was, full of footnotes, etc but was was published was only 20% of it.

This fellow also told me that Fr. Joaquín Sáenz y Arriaga was also the author of The Plot a Against the Church and that Maurice Pinay was his pen name. I've heard people speculate that it was someone else but I think this fellow is right, it should be obvious after reading the Montinian Church I suppose.

Anyhow this is a bit off topic but I just wanted to throw that out there, I don't know of any other books about the destructon of the Church in Latin America.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 pm
Profile E-mail

"Pope Francis concluded his encounter with representatives of mass media from all round the world by extending his best wishes to them, their work and their families.
He imparted his apostolic blessing, however, in silence – out of respect, he said, for the fact that “not everyone present belongs to the Catholic faith and others do not believe.” “I respect the conscience of each one of you”, he said, “knowing that each one of you is a Child of God.May God bless you”.

I saw the above comment from Vatican News today and thought it fitting to share with ya'll. Apparently the new no-pope has a deep rooted concern for the consciences of the heretics, apostates, and atheists; however in the event there were any so-called Catholics in the room he did offer his "silent blessing" as not to offend his ecumenical friends.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 am
Profile E-mail

This article was sent to me today:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/pope-francis-linked-to-mysterious-anti-marxist-group-the-comunione-e-liberazione/

And then the leading Rorate headline:

Pope's greatest friend and most influential Cardinal:
"way of celebrating Mass" will have to be "reformed" - once again...

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/03/popes-greatest-friend-and-most.html

Cristian (or anyone else) - what do you know about Bergoglio's "best friend" - Cardinal Hummes, O.F.M., Archbishop Emeritus of Sao Paulo?

Who knows exactly what we'll see from Francis...

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail

This part, from the above Rorate article-

Quote:
On this same day, Cardinal Hummes granted an extensive interview on the plans of the new pontificate to the largest Brazilian daily, Folha de Sao Paulo, speaking on the future of the Church and the reforms that must happen; the interview was published under the title "The Church does not work anymore". [Tip and translation: Reader; source.] Here is one of his most relevant answers:

[Q:] In what sense is reform necessary?

[Cardinal Hummes:] Not just of the Curia, but many other things: our way of celebrating ["fazer", lit. "making", "doing"] mass, of doing evangelization, this new evangelization needs new methods. The pope spoke in the meeting with the cardinals of new methods, we need to find new methods.

But mainly the Roman Curia was mentioned, that it needs to be reformed structurally. It is too large, but all this need a study, we do not have many coordinates.

Many say it is too large, that an extension was made here, another there, another room here, another commission there, but this one here does not have sufficient prestige... All these things that happen in such a structure.

The church does not work anymore. This whole question that happened lately shows how she does not work. And, once this new design is made, you have to look for the people adapted to fill these positions, these jobs.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 pm
Profile E-mail

from the com-box:

Quote:
Watching the Angelus from Rome. The Holy Father quoted Cardinal Kasper in his address. I do not mean to be disparaging. I only report a fact. The Holy Father said he read Cardinal Kapser's book on mercy and was glad he read it.
Cardinal Kasper...

Quote:
I was a non-practising Catholic for many years. Now, I can't see the point in being a Catholic again. The new Pope is quickly going to bring back many of, or all, the things that made me stop practising in the first place. I am extremely sad about all this.

Even the ever-commenting Prof Basto, always shouting to the mountaintops about the NO not being so bad, seems to be alarmed by Francis!

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail

John Daly wrote:
1. This layman doesn't even claim to be pope, teaching and governing the universal Church. He claims to be the bishop of the local Church of Rome to which he attributes a primacy of charity in a journey which we are all making together. The job he has accepted is to evangelize the beautiful city of Rome.

To his obvious effort to avoid the word "Pope" is added the fact of his refusal to give his first sermon in the Sistine Chapel from the chair which symbolizes the Cathedra of St. Peter, giving it in the way that simple priests do instead.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Bernard wrote:

It's online here.
Thanks

Also, Horacio Verbitsky's El Silencio de Paulo VI a Bergoglio: Las relaciones secretas de la Iglesia con la ESMA seems good, to.

Modernism: modernism. us.to
blog: sententiaedeo.blogspot. com
Aristotelian Thomism: scholastic. us.to

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Lance Tardugno wrote:
John Lane wrote:
They don't have to renege for it to be catastrophic, Lance. The mere fact of doing a deal will wreck the Fraternity, utterly.

Oh yes I agree John, I'm just pointing out the truth that if a deal finally comes to fruition, no matter how much is given to the Society, it will all be for naught.

Fellay, despite his misguided attempts to reach a deal with the Vatican, at least appears to have a little bit of sense. After all, he didn't actually end up finalizing the deal with Ratzinger. A shattering of the SSPX and its FSSP-ization would not be good for any of us.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Larie wrote:
And then the leading Rorate headline:

Pope's greatest friend and most influential Cardinal: "way of celebrating Mass" will have to be "reformed" - once again...

Well, Rorate would make that a big headline. It concerns them. It doesn't concern SSPX or sede trads.

What's revealing is this comment, "the Church doesn't work any more". What does Hummes mean? It seems to me that he means the Curia, above all. Look at this passage:

Quote:
The church no longer works. The whole issue that has happened lately shows how it does not work. And then, once made this new blueprint, you must seek suitable people to fill these positions, these services.

What's "the whole issue"? He's talking about the Butler and all the stuff that was behind those exceedingly strange events. He's telling us, perhaps unintentionally, that the crisis in Rome, the entirely internal crisis in the administrative machinery of the Conciliar church, was pretty much an existential crisis, a series of events which threatened everything and everyone concerned (that is, all the Modernists in Rome). That is what Benedict's resignation means, and that's what the selection of this particular character is about, and it's summed up in his choice of name (which Hummes calls "an encyclical" in itself). They feel that they dodged some kind of bullet, and Francis has a license to change everything.

In that sense Benedict's "papacy" was a big failure. That will be one thing which emerges over time, I think, a consensus that in fact he was an incompetent administrator, an impractical academic. Benedict's dream was to do now what he feels was not done properly in the period from 1966 on. That is, draw out the wonderful fruit of the greatest council in the history of the Church. Have the New Pentecost which should have followed the New Advent, and not wreck it all by a lack of discipline and a bodged implementation, which in his view is what happened after Vatican II. That is, the clown masses, the liberation theology, the excessive ecumenism, etc., along with the violence against traditionalists. Benedict dreamed that the New Pentecost could still occur. He really is a dreamer. He fiddled whilst Rome burned. He had to go. Francis has none of this dreaminess about him. He doesn't care about the old mass, about trads, about rescuing the reputation of Vatican II. He cares about his new religion, about running it properly, etc.

Rorate seem to think that we are still uppermost in the minds of those in Rome. That isn't the case. We're forgotten. We don't matter, because vastly more urgent things have intervened. You don't stay out fishing when you see smoke rising from your house.

I don't think any of this is essentially related to religion, by the way, except insofar as it's conditioned by the lack of the Catholic religion in these men. What it is likely to do, however, is reveal more clearly - probably very starkly in fact - what their religion really is. This because to build an administrative structure you have to have a philosophy, a set of goals and various means to those ends which are thought to be effective and acceptable. This philosophy will be revealed by the structure which is chosen. We already can guess what some of this will look like. Collegiality will be emphasised, and "consultation" with "the people". Laymen will take more prominent roles, etc. The point for us is that it will be clearer that he doesn't share our religion and is not the pope. This will make him less dangerous to souls (well, to the souls of traditional Catholics, anyway), and that's a great good.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Bergoglio's Modernist theology
There's been a lot of buzz about how Bergoglio is associated with the "conservative" lay ecclesial movement Communion and Liberation (CL)—similar to the Neo-Catechumenal Way, Foculare, and Opus Dei—founded by Luigi Giussani, whose funeral Ratzinger presided.

CL is thoroughly Modernist. It matters little that Bergoglio is a "social conservative"; if he's theologically heterodox, he's an enemy of the Faith, nothing short of being a Protestant.

De Lubac and Giussani are both New Theologians. They both believe in vital imminence, which is the destruction of the supernatural order (cf. Feingold's The Natural Desire to See God According to St. Thomas and His Interpreters and this The Thomist review of it).

As I wrote to a CL member recently:
I wrote:
Thank you for your comments on my "The Religious Sense: Heretical or Not? You Decide." page. I was a part of CL for at least 3 years, so I know about Giussani, etc., but it wasn't until I read, re-read, and read again Pope St. Pius X's Lamentabili sane, Pascendi Dominici gregis (esp. these parts which struck me; cf. also Fr. Thwaites, SJ, reading it: part 1, part 2, part 3), and its drafter's (Fr. Lemius's) Catechism on Modernism that I really began to see that what the saintly pope so vehemently condemned appears nearly everywhere in the Church since Vatican II (neo-Modernism). Just as Pope Paul VI was prophetic in Humanæ Vitæ regarding the devastating consequences of contraception, so was Pope St. Pius X prophetic in Pascendi for seeing that in Modernism "the way is opened wide for atheism" (Pascendi §14).

So, don't "be a man of one book" (or author). ☺ Read the saintly pope's encyclicals, other popes' encyclicals against modern errors, Fr. Lemius's Catechism on Modernism, and Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, O.P.'s 100 Years Of Modernism (in a library near you or for purchase), which gives you the philosophical basics to understand how modern philosophy opposes that of the Angelic Doctor, St. Thomas Aquinas, whose philosophy and theology so many popes magisterially recommend.

"From beginning to end everything in it [Modernism] {i.e., agnostic, idealist philosophy, from which originates the Modernists' history and theology} is a priori, and a priori in a way that reeks of heresy." (Pascendi §33). This apriorism and "anthropolotry" (man-worship) is apparent in Giussani, e.g., where he says that "the criterion for judging this reflection on our own humanity must emerge from within the inherent structure of the human being" (The Religious Sense p. 15f.), not from external reality and Revelation "made credible by external signs" (Dei Filius). "There is no question now of the old error, by which a sort of right to the supernatural order was claimed for the human nature." Than this there is surely nothing more destructive of the whole supernatural order." (Pascendi §10, where Pope St. Pius X first discusses "religious sentiment"/sense).
I wrote:
Another very good, comprehensive "study of changes in the Catholic Church in the XXth century" is Romano Amerio's Iota Unum (in a library near you; first 15 chapters for free online).

For a more theological perspective, see Fr. T. J. Walshe's adaptation and rearrangement of Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.'s De Revelatione: The Principles of Catholic Apologetics: Study of Modernism based chiefly on the Lectures of Pere Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.'s «De Revelatione per Ecclesiam Catholicam proposita» adapted and re-arranged.

Aidan Nichols, O.P.'s excellent biography of Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange, Reason with Piety, begins with a very nice description/summary of Modernism; the rest of the work shows how Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange was the last great pre-Vatican II Thomist theologian and enemy of those for whom a "passion for novelty is always united "with hatred of scholasticism"* (Pascendi §42), viz., of the Modernist New Theologians (cf. his Where is the New Theology Leading Us? {he answers: back to Modernism}, The Structure of the Encyclical Humani Generis, and David L. Greenstock, T.O.P.'s "Thomism and the New Theology.").

*Pope St. Pius X clarifies that by "scholasticism" he means the philosophy and theology of St. Thomas Aquinas: "let it be clearly understood above all things that the scholastic philosophy We prescribe is that which the Angelic Doctor has bequeathed to us." (Pascendi §45).

Modernism essentially seeks to change truth from being the "adequation of intellect and thing" to being "the adequation of intellect and life." Modernism comes under another name: relativism, which Pope Benedict XVI certainly spoke out against during his pontificate.
(HTML to SMF code conversion courtesy this site, in case you were wondering ☺)

Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.'s The Principles of Catholic Apologetics: A Study of Modernism Based Chiefly on the Lectures of Père Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.'s «De Revelatione per Ecclesiam Catholicam proposita» Adapted and Re-Arranged contains a very good criticism of the "New Apologetic" (p. 28, 42-43) used by Msgr. Giussani:
Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P. wrote:
The method of Immanence…in human nature presupposes an exigency for the Supernatural

Before proceeding to note how the advocates of this new Apologetic regard criteria external and internal, the reader will distinguish [cf. Pascendi §19] between (i), the doctrine of "immanence," i.e. God's intimate presence in His creation of which the complementary truth is God's transcendence—acknowledged teaching of Catholic philosophy, and (ii), the doctrine of "immanence" in apologetics which accepts the internal religious sense as the only valid criterion of religious truth [cf. The Religious Sense p. 15]—one of the fundamental tenets of Modernism.

Criticism of the New Apologetic
1.— It is founded on Semi-Agnosticism, vis., the untrustworthiness of speculative reason. [Giussani: "The summit of the conquest of reason is the perception of an existing, unreachable unknown." (The Religous Sense p. 155-6)]
2.— It is founded also on an aspect of the doctrine of immanence. If Catholic Faith is demanded by our nature, that Faith is not in truth the supernatural. In truth the Supernatural is above not only the powers but the exigencies of human nature. These Apologists fail to see that it is natural happiness arising from the natural knowledge and love of God that our nature strives to attain. [cf. Feingold's The Natural Desire to See God According to St. Thomas and His Interpreters and this The Thomist review of it]
3. — The formal motive of Faith consists in the authority of God who reveals, and not in religious experience.
Bergoglio also wrote about Giussani's apologetics/theology, noting essentially what Lamentabili condemns in § "25. The assent of faith ultimately rests on a mass of probabilities."

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Great post, thank you Alan. You've done a lot of work, and it's good work.

I had a quick read of Bergoglio on Giussani and ... what a load of horse manure! Naturalism, naturalism, and more naturalism. The man's not a believer. He is a seeker. They are opposites.

But as Brendan said the other day, if you say anything against infant murder or sodomy, you're a hateful conservative, virtually irredeemable. And so besotted with mass media culture are the minds of most "Catholics" that anybody who is a hateful conservative in the eyes of the mass media must be a doctrinally sound, even a holy, man!

So a couple of points of the natural law now constitute the shibboleth for "orthodoxy" in the modern world; the only ground of dispute is whether "orthodoxy" is a good or an evil.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:02 am
Profile E-mail

Pax Christi !

It is a blast from the past for me. While in the 1970's I attended a Jesuit university.... Seattle U. In theology thee textbook was - Fr. Gustavo Gutiérrez, ,” A Theology of Liberation”. The Jesuit Professors treated his book like a new Gospel..... I was in utter shock at the contents.....

It appears pope Francis 1 also considers the Church, to be what is outlined in " A Theology of Liberation " e.g. Liberation Theology. The Church is the "sacrament of history", an outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace, thus pointing to the doctrine of universal salvation as the true means to eternal life, and assigning the Church itself to a somewhat temporal role, namely, liberation.

In that context look what the actions are of this Francis 1.......... part and parcel - Liberation Theology.

Well.... is it not clearer now... we have a Sede Vacante?

In Xto,
Vincent

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:51 am
Site Admin

Vince Sheridan wrote:

No, that's an absurdity and a sin, Vince. Don't you know? :?

The trouble is, the more obvious the situation becomes, the more that many non-sedes harden their minds against it. Some, it seems, would rather suffer a crisis of faith than simply learn from a Doctor of the Church how they ought to react to a stinking Modernist lying criminal heretic wolf in sheep's clothing. It's depressing.

And it's absolutely the responsibility of Bishop Williamson, Michael Davies, Fr. Boulet, and a host of lesser-known irresponsible, ignoramus laymen, the latest of whom is one Robert Siscoe. These men have exerted themselves to adjust the woolly coats on the wolves, in case the sheep take fright and fly to safety. They didn't have to adopt this office, it was entirely voluntary. Nobody appointed them to it. It evidently seemed a good idea to them. Now let them ponder the results of their totally free choice.

I am deadly serious, the brick-by-brick garbage is now savagely biting those who adopted it. They believed in Ratzinger the Great Reformer, and now they're face to face with reality again. This will, and is, damaging their faith. The distress and danger of the situation was entirely avoidable.

Likewise, but in a different way, of those who were more realistic about Ratzinger, many are dogmatically anti-sedevacantist, and that is harmful to faith also. It's one thing to say well, it isn't completely clear that Ratzinger's actually a heretic, so I'll withhold judgement; it's another thing entirely to say that sedevacantism is schism so I must never look into the possibility. Such people have no mental pressure relief valve. They're boxed into a faith-threatening corner. The advent of Casual Frank ratchets up the pressure on them intolerably.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 am
Profile E-mail

John Lane wrote:
I had a quick read of Bergoglio on Giussani and ... what a load of horse manure! Naturalism, naturalism, and more naturalism.
Yes, esp. humanism, too

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 am
Profile E-mail

Vince Sheridan wrote:
It is a blast from the past for me. While in the 1970's I attended a Jesuit university.... Seattle U. In theology thee textbook was - Fr. Gustavo Gutiérrez, ,” A Theology of Liberation”. The Jesuit Professors treated his book like a new Gospel..... I was in utter shock at the contents.....

It appears pope Francis 1 also considers the Church, to be what is outlined in " A Theology of Liberation " e.g. Liberation Theology. The Church is the "sacrament of history", an outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace, thus pointing to the doctrine of universal salvation as the true means to eternal life, and assigning the Church itself to a somewhat temporal role, namely, liberation.
It's naturalism… again. Look at his recent speeches; he's mentioned man's custody of the environment, as if we worship Gaia, utilizing St. Joseph's feast-day to compare his custody of Jesus and Mary to man's custody of creation!

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 am
Profile E-mail

John Lane wrote:
Well, it's also interesting because he is reported to have refused to introduce Ratzinger's reforms to the vernacular translations into his archdiocese. Do you know if that's factual, Cristian?

Sorry for the delay... the priest I asked didn´t know the answer, but since Bergo said "for all" on these days I think the answer is quite obvious. It couldn´t have been otherwise anyway.

Leon Bloy

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Cristian Jacobo wrote:
John Lane wrote:
Well, it's also interesting because he is reported to have refused to introduce Ratzinger's reforms to the vernacular translations into his archdiocese. Do you know if that's factual, Cristian?

Sorry for the delay... the priest I asked didn´t know the answer, but since Bergo said "for all" on these days I think the answer is quite obvious. It couldn´t have been otherwise anyway.

I'm not sure that's right. What I read somewhere was that the Italian bishops voted on the question and decided by a large majority not to go with the new translations, so Casual Frank might well have been doing nothing more than following the old adage, "When in Rome, ..." :)

Maybe he picks pockets on the streets, too. :)

Btw, this is totally irrelevant really, but it cracks me up how the media are so in love with the idea of a non-European pope that they have artfully not noticed that this bloke is the son of two Italian immigrants. :)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 am
Profile E-mail

With all the comparisons with John 23 going around, I'm half expecting an announcement of a Vatican 3 council around Pentecost.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm

TKGS wrote:
With all the comparisons with John 23 going around, I'm half expecting an announcement of a Vatican 3 council around Pentecost.

The danger of such a thing happening is perhaps quite real, as he has given signs of having conciliarist (as in Gallicanist/Febronianist) sympathies. He might choose the way of a new latrocinium to push forth his impending changes to avoid giving the impression that he considers himself a monarch.

I am not sure how flagrant things have to get before people are going to abandon sedeplenism, which keeps them tied to this figure, but it has to go. The recently publicised doctrinal preamble that bishop Fellay handed over to Levada should be an unfortunate but clear example of it's results.

The conciliar hydra just had it's sixth head crowned. When are people going to wake up?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail

TKGS wrote:
Andre-Joseph Leonard explicitly condemned the idea last Monday, so the idea certainly is going around (source):
Quote:
Archbishop rejects idea that Pope should call Third Vatican Council
Pope Francis "like a breath of fresh air for Europe from Latin America"

The chairman of the Belgian Bishops Conference, Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard thinks a Third Vatican Council makes little sense. First, it is true, the Second Vatican Council should be implemented (1962-1965), the German Catholic news agency KNA quoted Belgian media reports on Monday.

According to Leonard, Vatican II has in many areas remained a "a processor of words". To come to an ecumenical council should remain a very rare event. Such an event should take place "on average once a century", said the Brussels archbishop.

Pope Francis was in any event as "a fresh breeze from Latin America" ​​for Europe, said Leonard.
What I'm praying for is some manifest apostasy so the apostates can be seen clearly as wolves for all, a sort of "Great Global Manifest Schism." (Only with God's help could something be more manifest than Vatican II…)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Edward T. Horan III wrote:
I'm less concerned about a "Vatican III" and Francis being compared to a John XXIII, than I am about whether or not Bergoglio could be the False Prophet of the Antichrist in our midst.

I have been saying for years that this latest run of anti-popes, from Roncalli to now, all of them together, are the Precursor of Anti-Christ mentioned by St. John in the Apocalypse. Frankie is just the latest iteration.

Many commentators of the Apocalypse, among them a Fr. Kramer who wrote a book explaining the Apocalypse, entitled, The Book of Destiny says that the Precursor of Anti-Christ will not necessarily be one person, but could be a series of persons all of whom have the same agenda. The anti-popes have simply been too consistent in their attacks on the Church to be anything else.

I believe that Fr. Berry who wrote his commentary on the Apocalypse said essentially the same thing as Fr. Kramer and before the latter did.

Fr. Kramer's book is still available from TAN. I have copies of Fr. Berry's book for those who would like a copy. Fr. Berry's book was first published in something like 1923 and original copies of that book are extremely difficult to find. If anyone wants a copy of it, PM me. My edition has a printer's error in one section of it, but is otherwise all there.

Last edited by Ken Gordon on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail

I do not think that an Anti-Pope will be the Antichrist but rather the False Prophet of the Antichrist when he comes. My own personal opinion is that we are not far off from the beginning of the rebuilding of the Third Temple (just google "Temple Mount" in Googlenews) in which the Antichrist will sit as though he were a god and from which he will reign as Emperor over the earth, after having received the blessing of an Anti-Pope, possibly Bergoglio, his False Prophet.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm
Profile E-mail

One thing that is very interesting about this is detailed in (the original) Fr. Butler's "Lives of the Saints" under the entry for St. Cyril of Jerusalem.

When Julian the Apostate ordered the rebuilding of the temple at Jerusalem, God prevented it by many and very unmistakable signs. Fire actually burst from the ground while the workers were digging the foundation, work done during the day was mysteriously completely destroyed during the night, unusual storms put a complete stop to the work repeatedly, strange illnesses struck the worker and even their families.

The work was brought to a complete halt despite everything that could be done.

It is very interesting reading.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Speaking of Julian the Apostate, there is an “extremely wild and striking” legend of his slaying by the Great-Martyr Saint Philopater Mercurius.

Transcribed from Volume II of Jameson’s Sacred and Legendary Art. Containing the Patron Saints, the Martyrs, the Early Bishops, the Hermits, and the Warrior Saints of Christendom, as represented in the Fine Arts. Riverside Press, 1896.

"… the legend of Mercurius is extremely wild and striking. Julian the Apostate, who figures in these sacred romances not merely as a tyrant and persecutor, but as a terrible and potent necromancer who had sold himself to the devil, had put his officer Mercurius to death, because of his adhesion to the Christian faith. The story then relates that when Julian led his army against the Persians, and on the eve of the battle in which he perished, St. Basil the Great was favoured by a miraculous vision. He beheld a woman of resplendent beauty seated on a throne, and around her a great multitude of angels ; and she commanded one of them, saying, “Go forthwith, and awaken Mercurius, who sleepeth in the sepulchre, that he may slay Julian the Apostate, that proud blasphemer against me and against my son!” And when Basil awoke, he went to the tomb in which Mercurius had been laid not long before, with his armour and weapons by his side, and, to his great astonishment, he found neither the body nor the weapons. But on returning to the place the next day, and again looking into the tomb, he found there the body of Mercurius lying as before; but the lance was stained with blood; “for on the day of battle, when the wicked emperor was at the head of his army, an unknown warrior, bareheaded, and of a pale and ghastly countenance, was seen mounted on a white charger, which he spurred forward, and brandishing his lance, he pierced Julian through the body, and then vanished as suddenly as he had appeared. * And Julian being carried to his tent, he took a handful of the blood which flowed from his wound, and flung it into the air, exclaiming with his last breath, ‘Thou hast conquered, Galilean! thou hast conquered!’ Then the demons received his parting spirit. But Mercurius, having performed the behest of the blessed Virgin, re-entered his tomb, and laid himself down to sleep till the Day of Judgment.”

"I found this romantic and picturesque legend among the Greek miniatures already so often alluded to, ** where the resurrection of the martyr, his apparition on the field of battle, and the death of Julian, who is falling from his horse, are represented with great spirit."

* Julian was killed by a javelin flung by an unknown hand. — Gibbon.
** Ninth Century. Paris Bib., Gr. MSS. 510.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Is that legend true? Being killed by an undead warrior's spear sounds like something out of a fantasy novel. :)

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail

A thought occured to me that I wish others to comment on. Could it be that JXXIII,PVI,JPII, and BXVI were "sent" to destroy the Faith of Catholics and now Francis is "sent" to destroy the structures of the Church both the hiearchy and the wealth (buildings and churches)?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Lance Tardugno wrote:
A thought occurred to me that I wish others to comment on. Could it be that JXXIII, PVI, JPII, and BXVI were "sent" to destroy the Faith of Catholics and now Francis is "sent" to destroy the structures of the Church both the hierarchy and the wealth (buildings and churches)?

I suspect that you are correct: the entire plan for the destruction of the Church can be laid directly at the feet of Satan. He is extremely wise, and knows that he cannot foist his abominations on the Faithful all at once. The "boiling the frog" example comes immediately to mind.

Each time another anti-pope is "elected" there is simply another escalation in the work of destruction. "Frankenstein" is simply the latest iteration of that work.

I wonder how much further the work has to proceed before the ultimate enemy, THE anti-Christ, makes his appearance?

As I have said, more than once, the entire series of anti-popes, beginning with Roncalli, are the Precursor of Anti-Christ mentioned in the Apocalypse. They have been laying the ground-work for the appearance of the anti-Christ for the past 54 years. They surely must be reaching their goal in the very near future.

Of course, like everything else the devil has attempted, he always anticipates his victories just a bit too soon.

What has caused considerable wonder in my mind over the past years, and which wonder has been getting stronger and stronger as the world gets progressively worse, is why is God being so patient?

He is being continually blasphemed and insulted, and His special loved ones, Our Lord, and Our Lady, are being constantly insulted and abused.

Not to mention the incredible increase in the numbers of the "sins that cry to heaven for vengeance", 1) willful murder (abortion, unjust wars, evil governments, etc.), 2) sodomy (!), 3) abuse of widows and orphans, 4) defrauding the laborer of his just wage. All these are completely common and not even regarded as evil by possibly the majority of people today.

And where, then, does that leave us? How can we possibly preserve our souls when we are constantly submerged in this deluge of sewage? Especially when many of us can scarcely get to valid Mass and the Sacraments even once a month? What about the Last Rites? How many of us can be certain we will receive those? How many of us can make the 5 First Saturday Devotions, or the 9 First Fridays?

And yet we have not even begun to see the worst that is going to take place against us and our faith and our children's faith.

Daniel prophesied that "the Perpetual Sacrifice will cease for 3 years, 6 months, and 22 days" during the reign of Anti-Christ. How then are we supposed to preserve our souls?

Sometimes it seems to me that God is leaving us completely defenseless and with nothing and no one to help us.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail

-EDIT-

Last edited by Benedictus on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Benedictus wrote:
Ken Gordon wrote:
And where, then, does that leave us? How can we possibly preserve our souls when we are constantly submerged in this deluge of sewage? Especially when many of us can scarcely get to valid Mass and the Sacraments even once a month? What about the Last Rites? How many of us can be certain we will receive those? How many of us can make the 5 First Saturday Devotions, or the 9 First Fridays?

And yet we have not even begun to see the worst that is going to take place against us and our faith and our children's faith.

Daniel prophesied that "the Perpetual Sacrifice will cease for 3 years, 6 months, and 22 days" during the reign of Anti-Christ. How then are we supposed to preserve our souls?

Sometimes it seems to me that God is leaving us completely defenseless and with nothing and no one to help us.

As you know, God will always give the grace that is necessary for us to save our souls.

I have recently been thinking often about how little organisation there is among the remnant of Catholics here in the west. We live scattered among the dominating numbers of revolutionaries and the dumbed-down footfolk that does their bidding because they do not think for themselves, with the result that we are constantly exposed to many dangers. And therefore, I think that the idea behind St. Mary's, Kansas, is a very good one, and one which should perhaps be applied on a more universal scale as well.

I know several towns in my country that could easily be made into Catholic villages, if Catholics would work together in this, designate a village, and collectively start buying houses there. If it could then be accomplished that a chapel be built, so that a priest could reside there locally to offer Mass and provide the other Sacraments, then you would have a relatively safe environment to raise your children in, and it could easily grow towards obtaining a Catholic school etc.

The local secular government would be forced to make concessions to "the Catholic village", whereas they do not care about the demands of a few individuals that live super flumina babylonis in their domain, which is how we are living at present.

Our ranks have become thin to the degree that we have to reinforce ourselves by chosing centra were we can establish ourselves and build up a defense against the stream of filth that we are constantly confronted with in this post-apostate society.

This is my dream but alas, we lack unity (not in Faith of course). I think the reason we don't unite is due to the fact that too many of us are strong willed and independent. I don't lay all the blame at the footsteps of the laity, I believe some of the problem comes from the clergy also. This is all in God's plan. What we really need is a true and holy Pope and we all must pray for that daily.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Benedictus wrote:
As you know, God will always give the grace that is necessary for us to save our souls.

I have recently been thinking often about how little organisation there is among the remnant of Catholics here in the west. We live scattered among the dominating numbers of revolutionaries and the dumbed-down footfolk that does their bidding because they do not think for themselves, with the result that we are constantly exposed to many dangers. And therefore, I think that the idea behind St. Mary's, Kansas, is a very good one, and one which should perhaps be applied on a more universal scale as well.

I know several towns in my country that could easily be made into Catholic villages, if Catholics would work together in this, designate a village, and collectively start buying houses there. If it could then be accomplished that a chapel be built, so that a priest could reside there locally to offer Mass and provide the other Sacraments, then you would have a relatively safe environment to raise your children in, and it could easily grow towards obtaining a Catholic school etc.

The local secular government would be forced to make concessions to "the Catholic village", whereas they do not care about the demands of a few individuals that live super flumina babylonis in their domain, which is how we are living at present.

Our ranks have become thin to the degree that we have to reinforce ourselves by chosing centra were we can establish ourselves and build up a defense against the stream of filth that we are constantly confronted with in this post-apostate society.

It would certainly be easier were we all able to live an agrarian lifestyle and not have to worry about jobs, money, bills, or government regulations. Nevertheless, I think the Internet is a valuable tool to keep in communication with each other, and could provide us with a sense of cohesion.
Lance Tardugno wrote:
This is my dream but alas, we lack unity (not in Faith of course). I think the reason we don't unite is due to the fact that too many of us are strong willed and independent. I don't lay all the blame at the footsteps of the laity, I believe some of the problem comes from the clergy also. This is all in God's plan. What we really need is a true and holy Pope and we all must pray for that daily.

The reason we aren't in the novus ordo is precisely because we're strong-willed and independent (backed up by God's grace, of course). The shepherd has been struck, and the sheep dispersed.

In a sense, there's safety in dispersal. If you're everywhere, at the same time you're nowhere in particular, if that makes sense.

Being scattered among all nations and trying our darndest not to get sucked in to some false sect by prayer, hard reading, and study... reminds me of a certain other more famous religious group. We will probably end up having many of that group's attitudinal characteristics after a few generations. :?

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:43 am
Profile E-mail

Lance Tardugno wrote:

To have a legitimate Successor of St. Peter, publically known and available to all, should indeed be our unceasing prayer. But I am convinced that greater effort should be made to build means of common support among Catholics. The revolutionary society kills souls instead of helping man to reach God, while the latter is in fact the true raison d'être of state and society. Everything around us, these days, is designed to destroy prayer and to prevent man from ascending to thoughts more noble than those which are aimed solely at base passions and the philosophical absurdities by which it is attempted to justify the love of sin.

Among the early Christians, there was much more mutual support. They understood the importance of it in the face of the dangers which they were confronted with. Martyr encouraged martyr, as both were horribly tortured to death by the satanic rage of persecutors. Today the devil emphasises on spiritual persecution, through heresy, schism, apostasy and the flood of immorality with which he inundates the world. These things are much more dangerous than physical persecution, but are we taking due measures to protect ourselves and each other from being incessantly confronted with these things?

Brendan wrote:
In a sense, there's safety in dispersal. If you're everywhere, at the same time you're nowhere in particular, if that makes sense.

I have thought about that as well. For individuals it might perhaps be less difficult to live this way than for families. Imagine having to raise children in the midst of the present day depravity; I know that God helps, but it remains true that parents must do their best to raise their children in the safest ways possible. Many children of Catholics who reject modernism are influenced by liberalism, and this is so because they are literally surrounded by it in their daily lives. Many parents themselves have liberalist tendencies! This shows that there is a dire need to group together and build 'fortresses', so to speak.

We need to work towards obtaining healthy environments to live Catholic lives in.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am
Profile E-mail

Benedictus wrote:
Among the early Christians, there was much more mutual support. They understood the importance of it in the face of the dangers which they were confronted with. Martyr encouraged martyr, as both were horribly tortured to death by the satanic rage of persecutors.

Yes. St. Alphonsus estimated that there were something like 30 million martyrs over the space of the 300 years of persecution. I find that figure difficult to believe, but I suppose it could be so.

However, one thing that has not been mentioned in that regard is the millions who fell away under those persecutions. The returning apostates were a major problem that had to be dealt with when the Church was relieved of the majority of the persecutions.

Someone else brought up, again, the Japanese Catholics and their 300 years with no priest: there again, the number who actually and completely held to their faith ended up being very small. Most fell away or were murdered. Essentially the same thing happened in England under Henry, Elizabeth, Cranmer, and the Cecils.

Benedictus wrote:
Many children of Catholics who reject modernism are influenced by liberalism, and this is so because they are literally surrounded by it in their daily lives.

Everyone is forced to, literally, breathe it in with the air. We are forced to swim in it like an ocean of sewage we cannot escape.

Benedictus wrote:
This shows that there is a dire need to group together and build 'fortresses', so to speak.

Although I understand your desire for safety and a little peace, nonetheless, one of my pet peeves is that so many good Catholics see only the need to "fort up", and "circle the wagons", etc., as the solution.

We are all called upon to be Apostles. Apostles cannot sit behind impregnable walls.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Pax Christi

Pope meets ex-pope for historic lunch. msn news

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... oric-lunch?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:32 pm
Site Admin

Vince, how bizarre is that????

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Shortly after his election, Cardinal Bergoglio was being congratulated by his fellow cardinals. Amidst the clamor and applause he rose to his feet and lifted his hand wishing to be heard.

"Now, let me be frank...."

That's how he got his name.

For the record. :)

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

And now this!

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2013/03/27 ... -the-poor/

Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 am
Profile E-mail

Ah...nothing like good ol' satire.

In all seriousness though, this is all very disturbing.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Yes indeed, for sedeplenists anyway, but not for us. I have been hoping for many years that if we cannot have a true pope who restores all things in Christ, then please let us have somebody like this manifest heretic, who inspires discussions on Ignis Ardens about whether he really is pope! I reckon trads are safe now, from that direction. That's a great relief.

No doubt what disturbed you about the spoof was how plausible it was!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am
Profile E-mail

Several people, who considered the previous pseudo-popes as valid, are questioning the legitimacy of Bergoglio. Some are even proposing that Ratzinger is the Pope today.

I had suspected that something along these lines would happen.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 am
Profile E-mail

Lance Tardugno wrote:
A thought occured to me that I wish others to comment on. Could it be that JXXIII,PVI,JPII, and BXVI were "sent" to destroy the Faith of Catholics and now Francis is "sent" to destroy the structures of the Church both the hiearchy and the wealth (buildings and churches)?

There is an old Irish proverb : "Let a goat into the Church, and he won't stop till he gets on the altar."

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

That's a beauty, Ed!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail

In our local newspaper, a rag which normally carries 90% trash and nothing of real interest, today the discussion on Rorate Caeli was the center of a large article concerning how Frankie has "disappointed" the "traditionalists".

I was quite surprised...

Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Freemasons of the Grand Orient Attempt to Pocket Pope Franci
John Lane wrote:
I had a quick read of Bergoglio on Giussani and ... what a load of horse manure! Naturalism, naturalism, and more naturalism. The man's not a believer. He is a seeker. They are opposites.
See this article: "Freemasons of the Grand Orient Attempt to Pocket Pope Francis," which discusses the connection between the recent Rimini Meeting of Giussani's "Communion and Liberation" "ecclesial movement," Francis, and Freemasonry.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:59 am
Profile E-mail

John Lane wrote:
Vince Sheridan wrote:

No, that's an absurdity and a sin, Vince. Don't you know? :?

The trouble is, the more obvious the situation becomes, the more that many non-sedes harden their minds against it. Some, it seems, would rather suffer a crisis of faith than simply learn from a Doctor of the Church how they ought to react to a stinking Modernist lying criminal heretic wolf in sheep's clothing. It's depressing.

And it's absolutely the responsibility of Bishop Williamson, Michael Davies, Fr. Boulet, and a host of lesser-known irresponsible, ignoramus laymen, the latest of whom is one Robert Siscoe. These men have exerted themselves to adjust the woolly coats on the wolves, in case the sheep take fright and fly to safety. They didn't have to adopt this office, it was entirely voluntary. Nobody appointed them to it. It evidently seemed a good idea to them. Now let them ponder the results of their totally free choice.

I am deadly serious, the brick-by-brick garbage is now savagely biting those who adopted it. They believed in Ratzinger the Great Reformer, and now they're face to face with reality again. This will, and is, damaging their faith. The distress and danger of the situation was entirely avoidable.

Likewise, but in a different way, of those who were more realistic about Ratzinger, many are dogmatically anti-sedevacantist, and that is harmful to faith also. It's one thing to say well, it isn't completely clear that Ratzinger's actually a heretic, so I'll withhold judgement; it's another thing entirely to say that sedevacantism is schism so I must never look into the possibility. Such people have no mental pressure relief valve. They're boxed into a faith-threatening corner. The advent of Casual Frank ratchets up the pressure on them intolerably.

+Pax+

Yes, I have definitely opened my eyes with regards to the Pope issue. What really did it was Mr. Bergoglio... I agree this was honestly the straw that broke the camel's back for me, it really is impossible to defend the guy. How sweet it is indeed, when the mind has grasped truth and it is firmly rooted there forevermore. Deo gratias...

Surprisingly, many of those in the chapel where I go have also started asking some pretty serious questions about Mr. Bergoglio. Nevermind, these are folks that come straight from the Novus Ordo and recently to tradition even they can't have the enough courage to want to listen to the man they call Vicar of Christ. It scandalizes them, depresses them and well quite simply puts them in a diabolical disorientation.

John I would venture to say that your prayers have been answered indeed, it is pretty clear now. The longer that time goes on, the more that it really confirms the spiritual reality of the Novus Ordo counterfeit Church. These modernist have so completely destroyed the faith, that what is amazing is how long the bastions of the faith lasted... Right now its the Coup de grâce moment of whatever remnants of the faith that were left from the battlefield. Now those that wanted to "work from the inside" are starting to see how spiritual blind they were for having such a proud attitude of wanting to "convert" their superiors.

I have never had such peace of soul, and tranquility of mind. Indeed there are spiritual fruits to Sedevacantism, one of those has to be especially the grace of final perseverance. I am immensely grateful to John and all of those in the forum, for your prayers and your efforts. They are not in vain, trust me, continue to be faithful in both word and deed to the Catholic faith. So that one day we might be able to hear in the Last day of Judgement, "Well done good and faithful servant."

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 am
Profile E-mail

Jorge Armendariz wrote:

+Pax+

Yes, I have definitely opened my eyes with regards to the Pope issue. What really did it was Mr. Bergoglio... I agree this was honestly the straw that broke the camel's back for me, it really is impossible to defend the guy. How sweet it is indeed, when the mind has grasped truth and it is firmly rooted there forevermore. Deo gratias...

Surprisingly, many of those in the chapel where I go have also started asking some pretty serious questions about Mr. Bergoglio. Nevermind, these are folks that come straight from the Novus Ordo and recently to tradition even they can't have the enough courage to want to listen to the man they call Vicar of Christ. It scandalizes them, depresses them and well quite simply puts them in a diabolical disorientation.

John I would venture to say that your prayers have been answered indeed, it is pretty clear now. The longer that time goes on, the more that it really confirms the spiritual reality of the Novus Ordo counterfeit Church. These modernist have so completely destroyed the faith, that what is amazing is how long the bastions of the faith lasted... Right now its the Coup de grâce moment of whatever remnants of the faith that were left from the battlefield. Now those that wanted to "work from the inside" are starting to see how spiritual blind they were for having such a proud attitude of wanting to "convert" their superiors.

I have never had such peace of soul, and tranquility of mind. Indeed there are spiritual fruits to Sedevacantism, one of those has to be especially the grace of final perseverance. I am immensely grateful to John and all of those in the forum, for your prayers and your efforts. They are not in vain, trust me, continue to be faithful in both word and deed to the Catholic faith. So that one day we might be able to hear in the Last day of Judgement, "Well done good and faithful servant."

I`m very glad to know this Jorge :)

Leon Bloy

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 am
Profile E-mail