It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

N.O. Commemoration of the Reformation in 2017 

New post N.O. Commemoration of the Reformation in 2017
When I saw this on another forum, I thought it had to be a belated April Fool's prank: http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/ponti ... ne_en.html

But no, the Novus Ordo will commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Protestant "Reformation" (which happens to coincide with the 100th anniversary of our Lady's appearance at Fatima) under the pretext that...

From Conflict to Communion wrote:
In 2017, Catholic and Lutheran Christians will most fittingly look back on events that occurred 500 years earlier by putting the gospel of Jesus Christ at the center. The gospel should be celebrated and communicated to the people of our time so that the world may believe that God gives Godself to human beings and calls us into communion with Godself and God’s church. Herein lies the basis for our joy in our common faith.

Skim through the (as per usual, over-lengthy) linked text: one heresy, error, or statement savoring of heresy after the other. They aren't even joking! I might have asked this question before, but can the apostasy be any more blatant?

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:24 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: N.O. Commemoration of the Reformation in 2017
Based on the trial balloons that have been floating up over the past year, it seems that the Vatican is preparing to open a formal cause for the canonization of Martin Luther (though it might be kept secret for some time). I would not be surprised if Martin Luther is canonized on 31 October 2017.

Further, I'm wondering what the general Lutheran opinion is (I understand that they have no absolute central authority so there may be various factions with different views) on various hot button issues in the Conciliar sect, namely, unnatural marriages and priestesses. It also seems that the Conciliar sect is moving towards establishing both of these so if such an establishment coincides with Lutheranism as it is today understood these will probably be formally established by that date as well.

Then, of course, the icing on the cake would be a joint statement between the Vatican and Lutherans for full inter-communion (and, perhaps, they can let the Anglicans join in).

The sad part is that I really don't think that any of this would faze but a handful of people who consider themselves Catholic and are stuck in the muck and mire of the Novus Ordo establishment. Frankly, I don't think the mainline SSPX would reject Bergoglio as an anti-pope even then and the "resistance" would continue to condemn sedevacantists while clamoring that reunification with Rome can only occur if the pope renounces these "errors".

Last edited by Recusant on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Language

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 pm

TKGS wrote:
Based on the trial balloons that have been floating up over the past year, it seems that the Vatican is preparing to open a formal cause for the canonization of Martin Luther (though it might be kept secret for some time). I would not be surprised if Martin Luther is canonized on 31 October 2017.

Further, I'm wondering what the general Lutheran opinion is (I understand that they have no absolute central authority so there may be various factions with different views) on various hot button issues in the Conciliar sect, namely, unnatural marriages and priestesses. It also seems that the Conciliar sect is moving towards establishing both of these so if such an establishment coincides with Lutheranism as it is today understood these will probably be formally established by that date as well.

Then, of course, the icing on the cake would be a joint statement between the Vatican and Lutherans for full inter-communion (and, perhaps, they can let the Anglicans join in).

The sad part is that I really don't think that any of this would faze but a handful of people who consider themselves Catholic and are stuck in the muck and mire of the Novus Ordo establishment. Frankly, I don't think the mainline SSPX would reject Bergoglio as an anti-pope even then and the "resistance" would continue to condemn sedevacantists while clamoring that reunification with Rome can only occur if the pope renounces these "errors".

Good post, I agree with your much of it. This may be how they try to establish a one world religion.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:41 pm

From the document:

Quote:
16. What happened in the past cannot be changed, but what is remembered of the past and how it is remembered can, with the passage of time, indeed change. Remembrance makes the past present. While the past itself is unalterable, the presence of the past in the present is alterable. In view of 2017, the point is not to tell a different history, but to tell that history differently.

17. Lutherans and Catholics have many reasons to retell their history in new ways. They have been brought closer together through family relations, through their service to the larger world mission, and through their common resistance to tyrannies in many places. These deepened contacts have changed mutual perceptions, bringing new urgency for ecumenical dialogue and further research. The ecumenical movement has altered the orientation of the churches’ perceptions of the Reformation: ecumenical theologians have decided not to pursue their confessional self-assertions at the expense of their dialogue partners but rather to search for that which is common within the differences, even within the oppositions, and thus work toward overcoming church-dividing differences.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail