It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Can a Heretic be Elected? 

New post Can a Heretic be Elected?
This might seem like a stupid question but I want to be 100% sure. Can a public heretic be elected Pope? I have heard that one can but would then be protected by infallibility.

I'll ask a second stupider (or is it "more stupid") question here rather than starting a new thread. Are women not being allowed to be ordained or Pope disciplinary or doctrine? Can you please explain?

I hope these questions do not get me kicked off the forum. I am not as stupid as the questions make me seem. I just want to be fluent in discussing the issue without basing anything on false premises. Thanks for your patience.

Wed May 14, 2014 10:18 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Can a Heretic be Elected?
Might I suggest that you read the articles posted on the main page of this website: http://sedevacantist.com/

The links in the left hand column will bring you to many articles and commentaries that will, I think, answer most of your questions.

Wed May 14, 2014 11:54 am

Maria Looch wrote:
This might seem like a stupid question but I want to be 100% sure. Can a public heretic be elected Pope? I have heard that one can but would then be protected by infallibility.

I'll ask a second stupider (or is it "more stupid") question here rather than starting a new thread. Are women not being allowed to be ordained or Pope disciplinary or doctrine? Can you please explain?

I hope these questions do not get me kicked off the forum. I am not as stupid as the questions make me seem. I just want to be fluent in discussing the issue without basing anything on false premises. Thanks for your patience.

In regards to your first question absolutely not. For as St. Robert Bellarmine taught, one cannot be head of that of which he is not a member. It is imperative you understand what is necessary to be a member of Christ Church. The manifest heretic because he knowingly deviates from the faith is not a member ergo he cannot be elected.

To the second question, I will respond that Christ taught us by both his words and his actions. Last time I checked all twelve apostles were men. He, by his example, set this in doctrine. There is a better explanation I have heard by Bishop Sanborn which deals with since the man is the head of the race, only he can properly do the offering. Just as original sin is the sin of Adam and not Eve because Adam was the head of the human race, so to then it is required a priest who is offering a victim up for the entire human race be male. I will have to try and find Bishop Sanborn's explanation again but that is a poor summary of it.

Wed May 14, 2014 12:00 pm
Profile E-mail

James Schroepfer wrote:
Maria Looch wrote:

In regards to your first question absolutely not. For as St. Robert Bellarmine taught, one cannot be head of that of which he is not a member. It is imperative you understand what is necessary to be a member of Christ Church. The manifest heretic because he knowingly deviates from the faith is not a member ergo he cannot be elected.

To the second question, I will respond that Christ taught us by both his words and his actions. Last time I checked all twelve apostles were men. He, by his example, set this in doctrine. There is a better explanation I have heard by Bishop Sanborn which deals with since the man is the head of the race, only he can properly do the offering. Just as original sin is the sin of Adam and not Eve because Adam was the head of the human race, so to then it is required a priest who is offering a victim up for the entire human race be male. I will have to try and find Bishop Sanborn's explanation again but that is a poor summary of it.

Thank you very much for the awesome response. Our Lady was most qualified [if women were qualified] but not chosen. Our Lord, I am sure, was not cowering to societal norms by "skipping over" Our Lady. He was crucified in part for not cowering to societal norms. Priests are Fathers. The new Church has girl altar boys. Could you imagine it having "Mother Fathers". Pardon the language :D

But that does raise another question. Could a valid Pope, regardless of how imprudent allow altar girls or Communion in the hand?

I love this forum.

Wed May 14, 2014 12:10 pm
Profile E-mail

I would also add that those who say that there were no women priests was merely because of the mores of the day are mistaken. Priestesses are common in pagan religions and the Church, if she had the ability to ordain priestesses, could have made great strides in pagan lands by doing so--but it would not have been the Church of the True God. The bottom line is that priestesses are a mark of paganism.

Wed May 14, 2014 1:31 pm
Site Admin

Maria Looch wrote:
But that does raise another question. Could a valid Pope, regardless of how imprudent allow altar girls or Communion in the hand? I love this forum.

A pope has allowed communion in the hand, if we are to believe the historians who tell us that it was permitted in the early Church. :)

I recall reading something about St. Augustine or St. Ambrose once, in which the story was told of the brother of one of them (I don't think it was Augustine's son, Deodatus, but maybe it was), who was a layman, and he traveled from Italy to North Africa and took the Blessed Sacrament in a pyx hung from his neck under his shirt. The impression was that this was lawful and even somewhat common. It struck me how the discpline has changed, obviously. Some other member of the forum who has a better memory may be able to correct or confirm the story.

Altar girls? Inconceivable.

Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I have just done a Google search to see if I can find this story, and this article by Fr. John Hardon, S.J. (a reliable writer) appeared. http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/pea/history.htm You will see that it touches on this custom of clerics, at least, carrying the Sacred Host on their persons. It's worth reading right through.

Wed May 14, 2014 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Altar girls? Inconceivable.

Does this mean it is impossible for a valid Pope to do this? I fully understand there is no way one would do so and that such a thought seems preposterous. But could he?

Also, I'm supposing a valid Pope could have broken the unbreakable canon by inserting Saint Joseph's name into it even though such was not the most prudent thing to do?

Could a valid Pope have produced the liturgy that was in effect in 1964?

Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail