It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:46 am

Incardination / First Tonsure 

New post Incardination / First Tonsure
I found this post:

http://sedevacantist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10163&sid=8b176ddd4a2b24cd1407c2e69616c690&sid=8b176ddd4a2b24cd1407c2e69616c690#p10163

which says:

Mike wrote:
This is from: A Commentary of the New Code of Canon Law, Rev. Charles Augustine, O.S.B. D.D., Volume II, Clergy and Hierarchy, 1918, p. 51. Digitized text: http://books.google.com/books?id=VAIUAA ... on&f=false
Quote:
A cleric becomes incardinated in a diocese or religious community at the moment when he receives the first tonsure* because at that moment he enters the clerical state, which, though in abstracto it signifies the sacred ministry in general, yet in concreto means that part of the Church which is assigned for a cleric's activity. The phrase, " to the diocese to which he is promoted," includes not only the titulus senitii, but any title on which one is ordained. For ยง 1 simply forbids vagrant clerics.

Since Paul VI effectively ended First Tonsure in 1972 (cf. http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/P6MINORS.HTM) do sedevacantists accept the new form of incardination? In other words, are the Conciliar clerics true clerics? Are the FSSP and other Ecclesia Dei clerics true clerics?

Are the SSPX and CMRI clergy true clerics? If they receive first tonsure what diocese are they incardinated into?

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Incardination / First Tonsure
I can answer part of this from conversations with my son who is in the CMRI seminary.

When he is tonsured (which will not be for some time as he only entered the seminary recently) he enters the clerical state and he is formally accepted into the CMRI religious congregation. Please note the quote you provided: He will not be incardinated into a diocese; he will be incardinated into the CMRI religious congregation. Tonsure is a sign that the bishop believes he is on the right path towards the priesthood.

I know of no reason that he would not be a true cleric.

Since I have serious doubts about the validity of the New Rites of Orders and believe that the Conciliar sect is not the Catholic religion (even as there are still some Catholics worshipping with it in ignorance) I'm not sure what difference incardination in the Novus Ordo makes. I'm sure those more learned than I will explain the legal aspects involved, but I could not care less about the "clerical status" of Novus Ordo people any more than I care about the "ministerial status" of the folks at the Kingdom Hall (of the Jehovah's Witnesses) down the road.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:24 pm
Site Admin

New post Re: Incardination / First Tonsure
Good question!

This is classic Paul VI:

Quote:
It is in accordance with the reality itself and with the contemporary outlook that the above-mentioned ministries should no longer be called minor orders; their conferral will not be called ordination, but institution. Only those who have received the diaconate, however, will be clerics in the true sense and will be so regarded. This arrangement will bring out more clearly the distinction between clergy and laity, between what is proper and reserved to the clergy and what can be entrusted to the laity.

It was obviously false at the time (he was blurring the distinction between laity and clergy), and it was proved utterly false by experience.

So, do we see any reversal of it? No, the results prove the true intention. By their fruits ye shall know them.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:39 am
Profile E-mail