It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:38 pm

SATIS COGNITUM & Begin Novena to Holy Ghost 

New post SATIS COGNITUM & Begin Novena to Holy Ghost
DUST OFF YOUR NOVENA TO THE HOLY GHOST. IT BEGINS TOMORROW, FRIDAY, MAY 26th!

The following is an excerpt from:http://www.christorchaos.com/BaptizeAllMenTeachAllNations.htm

May 25, 2006, "BAPTIZE ALL MEN, TEACH ALL NATIONS" by Thomas A. Droleskey

(Excerpt - Pope Leo XIII's Satis Cognitum):
:arrow: When about to ascend into heaven He sends His Apostles in virtue of the same power by which He had been sent from the Father; and he charges them to spread abroad and propagate His teaching. "All power is given to Me in Heaven and in earth. Going therefore teach all nations....teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you" (Matt. xxviii., 18-1920). So that those obeying the Apostles might be saved, and those disobeying should perish. "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believed not shall be condemned" (Mark xvi., 16). But since it is obviously most in harmony with God's providence that no one should have confided to him a great and important mission unless he were furnished with the means of properly carrying it out, for this reason Christ promised that He would send the Spirit of Truth to His Disciples to remain with them for ever. "But if I go I will send Him (the Paraclete) to you....But when He, the Spirit of Truth is come, He will teach you all truth" John xvi., 7 13). "And I will ask the Father, and He shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever, the Spirit of Truth" (Ibid. xiv., 16-17). "He shall give testimony of Me, and you shall give testimony" (Ibid. xv., 26-27). Hence He commands that the teaching of the Apostles should be religiously accepted and piously kept as if it were His own - "He who hears you hears Me, he who despises you despises Me" (Luke x., 16). Wherefore the Apostles are ambassadors of Christ as He is the ambassador of the Father. "As the Father sent Me so also I send you" John xx., 21). Hence as the Apostles and Disciples were bound to obey Christ, so also those whom the Apostles taught were, by God's command, bound to obey them. And, therefore, it was no more allowable to repudiate one iota of the Apostles' teaching than it was to reject any point of the doctrine of Christ Himself.

These words, contained in Pope Leo XIII's Satis Cognitum, aptly summarize the great feast that we are celebrating today, Ascension Thursday. After having instructed the Eleven for forty days following His Resurrection from the dead on Easter Sunday morning, including teaching them how to offer the Mass of the ages, Our Lord gave them the commandment to baptize all men and to teach all nations. There is no time limit on this commandment. It is in force until He comes again in glory with a blare of trumpet blasts and the choirs of angels on the Last Day to judge the living and the dead.

The mission of converting souls to the true Faith founded upon the Rock of Peter, the Pope, however, could not begin until the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, the Holy Ghost, descended upon them--and our dear Blessed Mother--in tongues of flame ten days later, on Pentecost Sunday. The Apostles, adding Matthias to their number to replace the traitor, Judas Iscariot, spent nine days in prayer to prepare for the coming of the Paraclete upon them, having no idea at all what a marvelous transformation He would make in their lives and how He would enlighten their intellects to understand everything that Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ had taught them and to strengthen their wills to act perfectly in accord with His truths in cooperation with the graces that had been won for them--and for all men--on the wood of the Holy Cross. We must begin our own annual Novena to the Holy Ghost tomorrow, the Friday in the Octave of the Ascension (yes, for those who keep the fullness of the liturgical calendar prescribed by Pope Saint Pius V before it was "renewed" by the working of Annibale Bugnini and Fernando Antonelli in the 1950s), to ask Him to stir up the gifts and fruits He imparted upon us when we received the Sacrament of Confirmation so that we can do our small parts in spreading the fullness of the Catholic Faith."

[Image][/img][/i]

Thu May 25, 2006 8:53 pm

New post 
Pax et Bonum. The Traditional Novena to the Holy Ghost is posted under the Discussion subject elsewhere, entitled:

:arrow: "Useful and Necessary Devotions"

Discussion is good, prayer is better! Both are necessary. . . .

Sat May 27, 2006 12:45 am