It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:36 pm

"The Four Marks" Traditional Catholic Newspaper 

New post "The Four Marks" Traditional Catholic Newspaper
http://www.ttc-cmc.net/~nlight/4front.htm

As it has been mentioned in another thread (re. AB. Thuc) hereabove is the web URL for the new (since Feb) publication, "The Four Marks." And, yes, John Lane and John Daly both write articles for the paper and are on the Board of Advisors, according to the info. on this website.

I just now ordered a subscription for us here in Virginia. Thanks Pat Beck from Maine for mentioning this newer Traditional newspaper in your post elsewhere. (My husband is a Frenchee from Van Buren (brrrr), Maine, Pat. He misses those clams! :D OR IS THAT CALMS? :lol: )

On this Feast of the Queenship of Mary, Queen of ALL SAINTS, may Our Holy Mother Mary receive us as her true children, given to her by Our Dear Lord Jesus Christ from the Cross when He said to her: "Woman, behold your son!" And may she truly behold us (one day soon) as her "saints" in Heaven. Amen.

Wed May 31, 2006 6:49 pm

New post Mouthwatering sample...
Here is an extract from my article shortly to appear in the June issue of this remarkable and providential Catholic paper. It concerns the current SSPX-New Rome negotiations. The full text of the article contains the authorities and proofs to support what is stated here:

"...in 1984 John-Paul II made available an indult authorising some of his followers to use the Catholic Mass instead of the pseudo-Mass he used and recommended himself. However, he attached several conditions to this privilege, the main one being “that it be made publicly clear beyond all ambiguity that [participating] priests and their respective faithful in no way share the positions of those who call in question the legitimacy and doctrinal rectitude of the Roman Missal promulgated by Pope Paul VI in 1970.”
It will be recalled that Archbishop Lefebvre found it impossible in conscience to admit that the “New Mass” is legitimate and doctrinally correct. Hence the SSPX continued to function without the advantage of being authorised to do so by the man it believes to be the Pope, the Vicar of Christ, the fount of all ecclesiastical jurisdiction, the daily teacher of the faithful. It professed to find this situation acceptable.
Now Benedict XVI seems willing to clothe with his authority those traditionalists who wish to avail themselves of it, and the chief condition he insists on seems to be acceptance of the teaching of the Second Vatican Council (though he may grudgingly accept the addition of vague clauses as to the interpretation of this teaching). This at least is what emerges from Bishop Fellay’s account of his brief meeting with the new occupant of the Vatican, a meeting as carefully rigged in advance as any professional wrestling match.
Voices were raised in 1984 proclaiming the impossibility of accepting new Rome’s conditions. They are raised today to proclaim a similar impossibility. The New Mass is not doctrinally sound. Vatican II is not Catholic. Refusal of today’s condition is as imperative as was refusal of the 1984 condition.
This column’s message is that the situation is a good deal more complicated than this advice suggests. While it is imperative for the SSPX to say “No”, it is also entirely obligatory for it to say “Yes”, and there is no escaping from this paradox on the terms admitted by the SSPX.
Let us glance at why this was so in 1984 and leave readers to apply the same principles to the present situation: a word is enough to the wise.
Quite simply, any general liturgical law of the Catholic Church is necessarily in conformity with sound doctrine..."

Now remember, if you want to read the rest, you must go to http://www.ttc-cmc.net/~nlight/4front.htm and subscribe :D

John Daly

Wed May 31, 2006 7:55 pm
New post THE FOUR MARKS Traditional Catholic Newspaper
I did forget to mention both John Lane and John Daly as contributors. It is such a wonderful newspaper, and I didn't realize that it is of recent origin. I am impressed with all that I have seen thus far. May Our Lady direct all who write and edit the paper. It is a small world - Abba says her husband is from Van Buren, Maine, and I am originally from West Virginia.

Pat Beck

Wed May 31, 2006 11:00 pm

New post Kathleen and Robert Plumb in hospital
For those who don't visit the Prayer Request forum as often as the Discussion Forum:

Kathleen Plumb, the plucky editor of The Four Marks is in hospital with broken bones following a car accident and her husband Robert who was with her is in a very serious condition.

While the rest of us have been chatting about what to do and complaining that no one was doing anything, this lady has got up and done something by launching a new and impressive sedevacantist monthly. She and her family deserve our fervent prayers in this trial.

John Daly

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:07 am
New post THE FOUR MARKS newspaper
I just read on Traditio the brief note from Kathleen Plumb's son asking for prayers for his parents. An elderly, retired priest friend of ours recently urged people to use holy water often, especially before entering their cars. He said that Satan is on the prowl and one needs protection. I am certain Satan would like to put an end to that wonderful new newspaper. We are praying for both of them for a full recovery.

Pat Beck

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:19 am