It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Gerry Matatics Discusses Sedevacantism on Protestant Radio 

New post Gerry Matatics Discusses Sedevacantism on Protestant Radio
Gerry Matatics was on a Protestant radio broadcast (Iron Sharpens Iron) Aug. 8th and 9th to explain the position that the Novus Ordo is not the Catholic Church and the See of Peter is currently vacant. The program on the 8th allowed him to give a general overview to the audience with a few questions from the host and the program on the 9th featured Matatics, another local Protestant and Dr. James White (also Prot). Matatics has debated Dr. White many times in the past. Because of long introductions and frequent station breaks there was not a whole lot of time to discuss the issues. That being said, the information that Matatics does get to present is very good and I believe is very informative concerning the sedevacantist position. Another interesting point is that the Protestants even help to legitimize the position and in doing show the absurdity of the Novus Ordo apologists and (indirectly) those pseudo-traditionalists who "recognize and resist". The Protestant guests clearly see that the Novus Ordo position is indefensible because if the Novus Ordo is the Church it would mean that the Church has changed its position on several fundamental dogmas and in doing so would have defected.

Note: If you want to listen to the files click the links below. I would recommend downloading the files to your computer first and then playing them from the hard-drive. To do this right-click on the links below and click "save target as". Browse in the window that opens to where you want the file saved. I recommend saving the files to your desktop so they are easily located.

The first part on the 8th featuring Matatics giving an overview of Sedevacantism:

http://mp3.aomin.org/ISI/20070808ISI.mp3

The second part on the 9th featuring Matatics discussing the issue of Sedevacantism with Protestant guests:

http://mp3.aomin.org/ISI/20070809ISI.mp3

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:02 pm

New post 
Pax Christi !

We have had discussion regarding the limit of time this crisis can last. We all have thought in terms of 40 years. Gerry Matatics brings up a interesting point- the Babylonian Captivity !

i) the Babylonian Captivity in which for 70 years the Israelites lost their Temple and the priesthood became non-functioning so that the people were deprived of their normal "sacramental" life

On his website ( he posts 25 facts that asisit in proving the See of Rome is vacant , and the modern church is a anti-church.

http://www.gerrymatatics.org/whythefactsversion1.html

Interesting read !

In Xto,
Vincent

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:37 am

New post 
Vince,

Thank you for posting the link to Gerry's writing which I felt made many good
points. Especially that the issue is about not just the Pope but the entire Catholic Faith
which I think Mr. John Lane has pointed out as well. Gerry also wrote something about why
"sedevacantist" was perhaps an inaccurate label for most of us in this article

http://gerrymatatics.org/GRIsGerrySede.html

It is too bad that many simply do not put in the effort to research and consider their
Catholic Faith because those that do almost always reach the same conclusions as
Gerry and most if not all of us here at this forum.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:28 am

New post 
oremus wrote:
Vince,

Thank you for posting the link to Gerry's writing which I felt made many good
points. Especially that the issue is about not just the Pope but the entire Catholic Faith
which I think Mr. John Lane has pointed out as well. Gerry also wrote something about why
"sedevacantist" was perhaps an inaccurate label for most of us in this article

http://gerrymatatics.org/GRIsGerrySede.html

It is too bad that many simply do not put in the effort to research and consider their
Catholic Faith because those that do almost always reach the same conclusions as
Gerry and most if not all of us here at this forum.

Indeed, many do not consider the fact that the Catholic faith is not a game, and many sadly treat it so, they play games about many of the issues, as though they did not have eternal consequences. Many do not even think about what they believe, they do just as sheep, they do not have faith, they are as Protestants, who go to mess on sunday and then live their lives as though there was no God, living their faith in a routine, for that is what it is to them, a routine. Even in Traditionalist, yet I daresay, sedevacantist circles, there are those who do not really spend much time pondering what it is that they believe, they do not make the connections because they do not see, and do not see them because they either do not have faith, or do not really care if they are in the right or the wrong, they have more interest in what they want to do, they live their lives and conduct themselves according to their own will, and not that of God. Even if they did the research, there is no guarantee that they will be converted and live, because if they have not the love of truth, then they either have, or will be given over to a reprobate mind, and thus cannot, and will not see the truth, because they love it not.

Quote:
"It is granted to few to recognize the true Church amid the darkness of so many schisms and heresies, and to fewer still so to love the truth which they have seen as to fly to its embrace." -St. Robertus Cardinale Bellarminus

How true are these words, it is sadly too true.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:14 pm

New post "Holding hands and singing 'Cum Baya'"
I thought Gerry did an excellent of putting into a nutshell the truthful conclusions which those who care and study the issue of sedesvacantism conclude. It is not convient to leave a confortable "parrish church" where the community reigns, instead of Jesus Christ. And Gerry put it in a humorous but truthful way when he stated that "They hold hands and sing "Cum Baya." :D That is exactly what they do!

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:29 pm

New post 
I wasn't at all impressed. What a lot of waffle and FAR too many adverts for what amounted to a 10 minute position setting statement. The technical mix-up with the radio stations digital hybrid meant Gerry couldn't hear anyone speaking and was just ranting for too long.

Frankly he would have been much better off doing his own podcast. If I was a Protestant listening to that I would have felt a lot more comfortable afterwards.

Here Catholics have been telling us Protestants that we are heretics for years and now, there are solid rational arguments to suggest that their own Pope is a heretic and has been for the last 4 Popes. The Pope of 1960-2007 does the exact opposite of the Popes during the reformation, so which bit of this Church am I in heresy from?

Where is the magisterium? In a box?

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:58 pm