It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:59 pm

The New Mass 

New post The New Mass
I'm sure that we're all familiar with the common objection that only the Latin Typical edition of the New Mass is the one that we must be concerned with when judging whether or not the the post-conciliar Missal is evil, intrinsicaly evil, inferior, or whatever. Putting aside for a second if this is even a valid objection, what explicitly is in the Latin version of the New Mass that is heretical or errorneous (other than the Good Friday prayers for the Jews)?[/i]

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:21 am
Site Admin

New post Re: The New Mass
Matt wrote:
I'm sure that we're all familiar with the common objection that only the Latin Typical edition of the New Mass is the one that we must be concerned with when judging whether or not the the post-conciliar Missal is evil, intrinsicaly evil, inferior, or whatever. Putting aside for a second if this is even a valid objection, what explicitly is in the Latin version of the New Mass that is heretical or errorneous (other than the Good Friday prayers for the Jews)?

Omissions, as a rule. By omissions one may foster heresy and be identified as a heretic oneself. See Fr. Cekada's book, "The Problems with the Prayers of the Modern Mass." A summary is here: http://www.traditionalmass.org/versus/

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:07 am
Profile E-mail

New post 
The Ottaviani Intervention is about the Latin edition. I would read that, in addition to Fr. Cekada's booklet, to see what is wrong with this self-proclaimed "cult of man".

There is also an argument that the lack of the words "mysterium fidei", within the wine consecration, causes serious problems for the Latin version of the NOM.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:16 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: The New Mass
Matt wrote:
, what explicitly is in the Latin version of the New Mass that is heretical or errorneous

For starters the new rite has no offertory. The offertory both offers the sacrifice and directs it to a definite end. Is the mass a reenactment of the sacrifice of the cross or is it just a memorial supper?
Quote:
The offertory prayer (for the bread) of the Traditional Rite: "Accept, O Holy Father Almighty and Eternal God, the spotless host which I, your unworthy servant, offer to You my living and true God, to atone for my numberless sins, offences, and negligences; on behalf of all here present, and likewise for all faithful Christians, whether living or dead, that it may profit me and them to salvation to life everlasting".

Quote:
The offertory prayer (for the bread) of the New Rite: Blessed are you Lord God of all creation through Your goodness we have this bread to offer, which earth has given and human hands have made may it become for us the bread of life, blessed be God forever.

Now where have I heard this before? I remember; Bless us o Lord and these Thy gifts…” It is almost word for word the Jewish grace before meals. If the new rite is just a memorial meal much like the Protestants “Lord’s Supper”, then grace before meals is most appropriate.
It is the offertory which distinguishes what the priest does when he distributes communion from what a waiter does when he brings a basket of bread to your table.
In the Traditional Rite the sacrifice is offered “to atone for my numberless sins, offences, and negligences…”
Note that the prayer does not say “we offer this bread” but only that they “have this bread to offer”
In the new rite it is offered or rather they have it to offer for????
The rite states why they have the bread but not why they offer it.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:08 am

New post 
Here's what I discovered in the Institutio Generalis (paragraph 7 in early editions, paragraph 27 in recent editions):

Quote:
At Mass or the Lord’s Supper, the people of God are called together, with a priest presiding and acting in the person of Christ, to celebrate the memorial of the Lord or eucharistic sacrifice. For this reason Christ’s promise applies supremely to such a local gathering together of the Church: “Where two or three come together in my name, there am I in their midst” (Mt. 18:20). For at the celebration of Mass, which perpetuates the sacrifice of the cross, Christ is really present to the assembly gathered in his name; he is present in the person of the minister, in his own word, and indeed substantially and permanently under the eucharistic elements.

What this paragraph does is equate the Mass with the Lord's Supper, and make “the memorial of the Lord” and “eucharistic sacrifice” synonymous. There's no mention of transubstantiation here, either. But there is a reference to "gathering" and "assembly".

It amounts to a cloaking of a heresy within Catholic terminology. Yes, that would be the protestant definition of worship.

So perhaps the very nature of a novus ordo service, even the Latin version, is heretical in itself.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:44 pm

New post 
Also, with the emphasis on the "assembly" the implication is that a Mass without the laity present is pointless.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:07 am

New post 
The emphasis on the assembly is a feature which is present throughout the entire new rite. The focus on the assembly is so paramount that it appears to assign to the assembly a priestly role which it has no power to perform.

Consider another example of the emphasis which is placed on the role of the assembly:
In the traditional rite all the prayers are first person singular, "I"

"Accept, O Holy Father Almighty and Eternal God, the spotless host which I, your unworthy servant, offer to You my living and true God, to atone for my numberless sins, …”

Note that all the prayers of the new rite (except the prayer for the washing of the hands) are written first person plural, "we".

“Blessed are you Lord God of all creation through Your goodness we have this bread to offer…”

The Catechism of Trent wrote:
THE SACRAMENT OF THE EUCHARIST
Only Priests Have Power To Consecrate And Administer The Eucharist

It must be taught, then, that to priests alone has been given power to consecrate and administer to the faithful, the Holy Eucharist. That this has been the unvarying practice of the Church, that the faithful should receive the Sacrament from the priests, and that the officiating priests should communicate themselves, has been explained by the holy Council of Trent, which has also shown that this practice, as having proceeded from Apostolic tradition, is to be religiously retained, particularly as Christ the Lord has left us an illustrious example thereof, having consecrated His own most sacred body, and given it to the Apostles with His own hands.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:10 pm

New post G.I.R.M. WARFARE, by Dr. Thomas Droleskey
Dear Friends in Christ, Pax et Bonum.

Dr. Thomas Droleskey, now writing for The Four Marks news publication, has written a well received (by Traditionalists) book on the Novus Ordo v. The Mass of Tradition, entitled GIRM WARFARE: The Betrayal of the Body of Christ (second edition, 2005, Chartres Communications)

G.I.R.M. Warfare is an uncompromising, no fluff, paragraph-by-paragraph analysis of the General Instruction to the Roman Missal, and its opposition to the Traditional Latin Mass (known as the Tridentine Mass). There is a warfare going on and knowledge is one of the best weapons against the Enemy who, by means of the Novus Ordo Missae, has tried to destroy the “Most Beautiful Thing this side of Heaven,” The Traditional Mass.

This systematic analysis, carefully reviewed by several traditional priests, features appendices of several important and cogent supporting articles, along with a thorough index to assist the serious reader.
It can be ordered at: http://www.webspawner.com/users/girmwarfare/index.html
(BTW, I am the indexer for this fantastic book and wrote some of this info. for the book's website, thus I am offering some repeat here FYI.)
“The new Mass is not the ‘restoration’ of the Roman Missal. It is the imposition of a synthetic liturgy constructed by at least one Mason and at least six Protestants (in addition to a number of liberal Catholics) that is founded in false presuppositions. The new Mass is a falsification of the living liturgical tradition of the Roman rite.”

"The new Mass is the enshrinement of all that popes and saints have shed their blood to prevent from infiltrating the Church. It is an abomination that has destroyed the sense of the universality of the Church and the permanence of First and Last Things.”

Sincerely in Christ, Our King, Ardith (Abba)

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:53 pm