It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Fr. Oswald Baker's successor? 

New post Fr. Oswald Baker's successor?
Does anyone know what the situation is with the faithful who were once faithfully served by the now-deceased Fr. Oswald Baker (R.I.P.)?

Is there another sede-vacantist priest there (Downham Market) at this point, etc?

If this would go better in "News", I kindly ask that it be moved by those who can do so.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Fr. Oswald Baker's successor?
It is my understanding that Father Reisling (sp) of Germany has been attending to the needs of this parish, and now he will be assisted by Father Heyne, recently ordained by Bishop Mark Pivarunas, CMRI.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:12 am
Profile E-mail

New post 
Thank you kindly for the information, Tommy.

Is Fr. Heyne English?

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:53 am
Profile E-mail

New post 
Your quite welcome. Actually Father Heyne is also German, and has been in the seminary in Omaha for the past 5 years. He was ordained in May and has already returned to Germany. I believe he will be assisting Father Reisling in his mission activity throughout Europe.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:35 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post 
Tommy Short wrote:
Your quite welcome. Actually Father Heyne is also German, and has been in the seminary in Omaha for the past 5 years. He was ordained in May and has already returned to Germany. I believe he will be assisting Father Reisling in his mission activity throughout Europe.

G'Day Tommy my friend. :)

How are you?

Are these two men CMRI, or more "seculars" ordained by Bp. Pivarunas? Just curious.

Also, do you know what the number of CMRI priests and seminarians is these days?

Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:46 am
Profile E-mail

New post 
Hello Mate. What a pleasure to be on your list John, and to have the opportunity to chat with you again; a real blessing indeed.

Father Reisling has no real attachment to the CMRI, and Father Heyne was ordained as a secular priest. He actually served mass for Father Reisling as a child and the good Father was in Omaha for his ordination and first mass. Over the past several years Bishop Pivarunas has ordained approximately 7 new priests, one as a religious and the rest were secular to the best of my recolection.

I believe there are about 15 priests and there are about 4 or 5 seminarians at this time; I'd be remiss not to mention the Mater Dei sisters in Omaha and the wonderful CMRI sisters in Spokane. Not including Canada and Europe the CMRI has chapels, mass centers or churches in some 17 states, while also bringing the sacraments to several others on an irregular basis.

These incredible men of faith are tireless in their mission to feed the faithful, and I know personally how relentless they are in their zeal to protect this wondering flock of Catholics. John, I look forward to chatting with you my friend, and following your sage comments. I confess that a part of me tunes in to catch you sparring with other chaps in that style that the rest of us wish we possessed.

Your friend in Christ,

Tommy Short

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:29 am
Profile E-mail

New post 
BTW John, it occurs to me that I have given you the total number of priests, to the best of my knowledge, attached to the Bishop, and not the toptal number of CMRI priests. I would estimate that 9 or so of the 15 are religious (CMRI).

tOMMY sHORT

Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:15 pm
Profile E-mail